Ribeye Steak and Fixings

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So one of my local markets had Rib Roasts on sale. I decided pick one up and cut some Ribeye Steaks off it.

I unwrapped it and cut the twine holding on the bones

and removed them.

I cut 3 2” steaks and the end piece ended up at approximately 1.5”. (I chose the second one from the right to cook)

I seasoned it with some Primo Chicago Stockyard Dry Rub. I wrapped this in plastic wrap and let it rest for 4 hours.

I had made a fire using some almond wood in our fire pit. After it was nice and hot I placed the steak over the flames.

After approximately 1.5 minutes I flipped it.

After another 1.5 minutes I moved over to the other side of the grill an let it come up to an IT of 130 degrees. I then brought it inside and let it rest on the counter for 8 minutes.

I then sliced it in half.

I then sliced it into approximately 3/8” slices and plated it up with some asparagus, a baked potato and a Stone Coffee Milk Stout.

It was delicious.

Thanks for looking.

It doesn't matter how many ribeye posts or videos I've already seen, I'm always a sucker for the next one. Never gets old!

That last steak photo of the cross section looked absolutely delicious. I need to thaw my four-bone 49-dayer and GET COOKIN!!!

Smoke on ����

Back