MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #106
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Done

Edict.

Certified KCBS Judge

Sauna girl, oh Sauna Girl, where once there was a world, for one breathe shining moment who was known as................... Sauna Girl
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #107
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
Blue... I think I am losing my skills and timing. Today I made my usual roasted carrots and onions in a skillet with taters to roast in oil oil and rosemary - you know, to go with the brisket roast I am filming. I totally put the taters in with the damn carrots and they are mush now.

The other day I made my INCREDULOUS Salisbury Steak and added too much soup concentrate and made this jelly like mush as well. WTF?
You been drinking in tap water again? That stuff will drown your brain cells.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #108
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Edict.

Certified KCBS Judge

Sauna girl, oh Sauna Girl, where once there was a world, for one breathe shining moment who was known as................... Sauna Girl

Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #109
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
There are too many variables to accredit it to 1 thing; rack position in the oven, accuracy of the thermostat, Grade of beef , Fat content....

Don't be so anal about it it's only BBQ, worrying about such things a temp swing you miss the point of the exercise which is how the meat reacts during the cook. Temp swing is a non issue I run the stick burner from 275-325 very similar or the electric box in you house or an electric smoker or a pellet pooper for that matter.

BBQ RULES FOR SUCCESS

YOU CAN NOT COOK GREAT BBQ ON A CONSISTENT BASIS BY COOKING TO AN INTERNAL TEMPERATURE OR BY TIME ( XXX MIN PER LB) YOU MUST COOK BY FEEL! For Brisket it must pass the poke test(probe like soft butter in the thickest part of the Flat) Ribs pass the Bend Test, Pork Butts when the bone wiggles loose. These are the only reliable methods to ensure that your cook will be a success. There is one exception to these rules and that is Poultry which must achieve and internal temp of 170 deg in the thickest part of the thigh and 165 in the breast.
Right on brutha!

Edict.

Certified KCBS Judge

Old 07-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #110
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

Amen!

Please consider a subscription!

Brisket is sacred, don't **** with brisket!

On a foggy day with stick burners in front of businesses and at houses burping Mesquite, Pecan, and Oak- the thin blue laying hazily near the ground- outstanding. - 16Adams
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2017, 09:49 PM   #111
Clay-b-que
is One Chatty Farker

Sure do miss bludawg!