Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Barn Burner BBQ at Lambs Farm in Libertyville, IL 10/15 & 10/16 2010!

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there and I should have bags of whole bean coffee available for $10/bag.

Who's in?

we'll be there. I should have enough variation of your coffee by then... :thumb:

Ron you still have the rain gear out? Its a possibility I may wander down to the homeland.

We're thinking about it. 21 teams as of today so I'd be 22. Will decide this week.

I still have to confirm a couple of things with the organizer but it looks like we are going to cross the big pond to play with the big boys. :clap2:

Ron you still have the rain gear out? Its a possibility I may wander down to the homeland.

I never put the rain gear away! I hope that you can make it, Coz!

I still have to confirm a couple of things with the organizer but it looks like we are going to cross the big pond to play with the big boys. :clap2:

Cool! It will be good to see you, Rich!

Let me know if I can answer any questions Rich, I've been going since the first year. Although, Claudia is usually timely with her responses. I've got to say, I enjoy the contest. A lot of the residences come out to interact with the teams. I have a few friends over the years, I hope they still have my t-shirts and caps I gave them.

big boys? who's coming? I love it when the big boys come out to play...

Cool! It will be good to see you, Rich!

It will be good to see you and the Parsley Lady again too.

Let me know if I can answer any questions Rich, I've been going since the first year. Although, Claudia is usually timely with her responses. I've got to say, I enjoy the contest. A lot of the residences come out to interact with the teams. I have a few friends over the years, I hope they still have my t-shirts and caps I gave them.

big boys? who's coming? I love it when the big boys come out to play...

We are looking for a nice hotel relatively close to the comp so my wife, MIL, and daughter have a place to stay. Any ideas?

Also need to find out if i can get a spot a little bigger than 20 X 20 because of the trailer. Do you think if i just get there really early Friday i will be good or should i call her about it?

Do you know what kind of surface (e.g. grass, pavement) we will be cooking on, because i need to plan on how i am going to secure my ez up?

The big boys are you and Ron L....:becky:

I know there is a Holiday Inn Express and a Days Inn that are close (maybe Libertyville address?). Maybe a couple of miles from the site? the event is at Lamb's Farm, so if you google that, I am sure there are plenty of hotels near. Claudia can work with you on size of your site. Most of the teams are on gravel or asphalt. Some might be on grass? Majority on hard surface. Although, I know puddles also happen on some of the graveled areas. As for securing your Ez-Up. I'd recommend the set-up you had at Silver Lake.. Seemed effective and didn't need to pack any extra weights or tie downs... ;)

and yes, me and Ron are big boys... BBQ large... :icon_blush:

Well... I am big, but physically only :-D

I received an e-mail from Claudia last week that said that they were moving the comp further south in the parking lot so all spaces should be on asphalt. Last year some spots were in mud.

I've also requested a larger space and she hasn't responded to that yet.

I haven't been to a comp on asphalt yet but i would think buckets of water should be enough to strap down the ez up. What do you guys use?

I knowI'd recommend the set-up you had at Silver Lake.. Seemed effective and didn't need to pack any extra weights or tie downs... ;)

You are never going to let me forget that are you?? :heh:

We should be there as well. Will be bringing rubber boots and big tarp in case we are in the mud pit again this year. :p

I haven't been to a comp on asphalt yet but i would think buckets of water should be enough to strap down the ez up. What do you guys use?

You are never going to let me forget that are you?? :heh:

Buckets would work...

forget? Are you kidding. I thought I was still dreaming when I came out of my RV at 6:15 and you were strapped in... OK, that should get everyone trying to figure out what we are talking about now... :becky:

Buckets would work...

forget? Are you kidding. I thought I was still dreaming when I came out of my RV at 6:15 and you were strapped in... OK, that should get everyone trying to figure out what we are talking about now... :becky:

Hahaha... it was super windy and I was running out of options. :)

I was told sites are 20x40 and when I said I needed 30x40 she said she could work with me and put me on an end. As we'll probably be there Thursday it should be no problem for us. Apparently a couple of others are coming in Thursday.

sites are 20 x 20. If you need 20 x 40, you have to request that. They are under restrictions for the size of space that they have for the contest site.

I am planning on dropping off my rig on Thursday, so I can work a few hours on Friday. I know they won't have electric until Friday, when the generator is cranked up.

Back