Bummer

Okie Sawbones

Banned
Reaction score
I'm cooking two briskets and two pork butts at our home for a dog club tomorrow, good friends of ours. One is staying with us, coming all the way from Sweden.

Just got the weather report for tomorrow -- heavy rain and 20-25 mph winds. This is going to present a real challenge with my stick burner. :shock: :twitch: Wah! (crying like a 7 y/o girl)

Put an umbrella up to keep rain off of and out of it, and put up some wind blocks and you'll be fine! As a last resort you can throw your body over the pit, but I don't recommend it... :becky:

Put an umbrella up to keep rain off of and out of it, and put up some wind blocks and you'll be fine! As a last resort you can throw your body over the pit, but I don't recommend it... :becky:

I think I need a sumo wrestler for a wind block. :tongue:

Just harken back to your (assumed) Oklahoma roots and block that little breeze!

get a pop-up gazebo and some tarps and zip ties and bricks. put the pop up over the pit. use zip ties to attach tarps to pop-up to create wind blocks. use zip ties to attach bricks to tarps to add weight to help stay in place. don't for get to add weight to the pop up also. cut a head and arm holes in a contractor trash bag and use that as a rain coat to keep your sweet, sweet self dry while cooking.

I'm cooking two briskets and two pork butts at our home for a dog club tomorrow, good friends of ours. One is staying with us, coming all the way from Sweden.

Just got the weather report for tomorrow -- heavy rain and 20-25 mph winds. This is going to present a real challenge with my stick burner. :shock: :twitch: Wah! (crying like a 7 y/o girl)

You should have been at Oinktoberfest.......