MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:27 PM   #781
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Let us know if you will be open this weekend.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #782
Diesel Dave

Dang hope you got it fixed!!!

And I'm sick of cooking!!!! (not really) So I need to try some of your Q

If there's anyway I can help PM me, I can be there in an hour with my cooker, just offering Brother.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2013, 04:40 AM   #783
fonsg
Found some matches.

2014 is comming and I sure hope 2014 will treats you better! It WILL!
fonsg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2013, 09:04 AM   #784
dkelly75
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post

If there's anyway I can help PM me, I can be there in an hour with my cooker, just offering Brother.
That's some great Brethren offering to help. Good people on this board

After reading that the smoker broke down, I was thinking that maybe he should have a plan B like a trailer or something just in case the smoker breaks and it takes a week or so to get parts? Just a thought
dkelly75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #785
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Let us know if you will be open this weekend.
Unfortunately I won't be. Contractor called last night and said he's waiting on some parts that are stuck in Lansing, and the ice storm they got delayed the delivery. It's always something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post

Thanks, I appreciate it. Looks like I've got everything up and running again and the pit is full this morning for a few "private" catering gigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly75 View Post
That's some great Brethren offering to help. Good people on this board

After reading that the smoker broke down, I was thinking that maybe he should have a plan B like a trailer or something just in case the smoker breaks and it takes a week or so to get parts? Just a thought
Another pit is certainly coming. I need to get one for off-site catering I'll be doing when it warms up. I tried to buy a nice little BBQ concession trailer about a month ago on craigslist, but somebody beat me to it.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #786
crimsonaudio
On the road to being a farker

Brutal read, sorry for all the turmoil and challenges getting this thing off the ground. Best wishes to you for 2014 and thanks for all the updates.
crimsonaudio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #787
markrvp
Full Fledged Farker

What happened that the contractor needs parts? I thought the mechanical was signed off and you just needed the health inspector to sign off as well? I had figured that guy was gone all week for Christmas vacation.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #788
dadsr4
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice write up.
http://www.leaderpub.com/2013/12/12/...ig-restaurant/

Old 12-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #789
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrvp View Post
What happened that the contractor needs parts? I thought the mechanical was signed off and you just needed the health inspector to sign off as well? I had figured that guy was gone all week for Christmas vacation.
The inspector "approved" the installation, but he won't come out and actually inspect it until the contractor hooks up the exhaust fan.

It's a bunch of horsecrap is what it is. But I'm sure I've pissed off enough people that this should be expected.

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #790
Diesel Dave

Glad to hear the pit is up and running. but if you ever need any help or need to borrow my Lang just ask. I'm always willing to help out.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #791
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Sounds like there is real light at the end of this tunnel.

Old 12-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #792
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks for stopping in, Neil. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. And hope you liked the brisket.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #793
Tom Sr
Got Wood.

Marubozo, stop and take a breath, then give those cute little piglets of yours some extra love. I'm sure the are worried about their daddy.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:20 AM   #794
Neil

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
Thanks for stopping in, Neil. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. And hope you liked the brisket.
We didn't like the brisket, we LOVED it! Jeremy your brisket rocks!!

Any brethren out there that gets close to Soutwest Michigan needs to stop by and support our brother and truly enjoy some delicious bbq. The wife and I are lucky enough to live only about 25 miles northwest of the Prized Pig BBQ restaurant and we go right pass by on our way to Sam's Club in Mishawaka, IN as we did yesterday afternoon. When we saw the lights on and a car in the lot we stopped to check it out and were greeted by Jeremy (Marubozo) and given the grand tour then gratefully accepted a sampling of a brisket point he had just taken off his Souther Pride. Excellent moist, tender, juicey brisket with a great crunchy bark. Great job MARUBOZO. You will be a success.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #795
SuperJETT
Found some matches.

I don't live close enough, but I think it would be cool for the brethren to set a date after the Prized Pig is open to have a group meal there and raise some attention. Set it for the first Saturday after opening and everyone that's close enough goes, maybe get some media coverage if enough people can make it.

I've been following this saga and it pains me to see it drag out when it seemed like you really had all the bases covered from the beginning and went in with eyes wide open.

Good times are coming, they have to be.
SuperJETT is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.