5:00 Friday, Whats smoking this weekend?

beerguy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Im trying an experimental rub and inject on a butt, and will also do another sirlion tip roast. Did one about 3 weeks ago and it came out better than my briskets and very sliceable for sandmiches all week. will also find some room on the WSM for some stuffed fatties. Whatcha all cooking?

Did 2 butts and a brisket last week, wasn't terribly pleased with the results (was so upset I gave it all away, didn't eat any). Hopefully this week will be better!

Think I'll do a bunch of chuckies this weekend.

Tomorrow ill smoke 2 cured briskets for pastrami and a tri tip.

Sunday is gonna be time for beer can chicken.

DM

I've got two whole prime ribs in the smoker right now.
They should come out looking just like this:

DSC01204.jpg

Got 2 butts thawing as we speak.
Hopefully they'll be ready to slather and rub tonight and go in the smoke in the morning :-D

Nothing :mad: Did 2 butts & about 20 thighs last week. This weekend it's seared tuna & steaks. Looking forward to some spares next week!

Tom

I've got two whole prime ribs in the smoker right now.
They should come out looking just like this:

DSC01204.jpg

What do you have on there? Is this for your restaraunt? Please send more info. and pics! I don't know if I'll ever have the courage to put a nice piece of meat like that in a smoker!

Just fed 50 teachers, and had to explain 40 times what pulled pork was!:rolleyes:
Did a simple cole slaw, for the sammies. I had some stange looks while I was explaining how it was done, and how long it took.
They loved it, I hope they caught the part that I will be "selling" it for some exta cash.
Other than that, nothing, between paydays...(and paying 4.00/lb last week for 3 slabs of loin backs)

I'm firing up the Egg as I type this. :cool: I'm putting on a 10# packer brisket, with half Dizzy Pig Cow Lick & half turbinado sugar. Simple brisket, with no marinades, etc. Just trying to get back to basics.

Hopefully, everything will turn out right and we'll have brisket & burnt ends tomorrow night at the party we're going to. (Don't worry, they're making about 20 butts & picnic shoulders, so we're not counting on the brisket) :cool:

I will be messing with a new vertical and doing a 9-10# packer. My brother had an ebay gasser/charcoal unit and wanted it GONE!! into my yard it goes..A fellow Bretheren made me a basket and right now its running 250 with nothing on it (2.5 hours) I will add a 1/2 steam table pan of water and the brisket and see what happens..Next weekend got a cool gig cooking for hunters at a butcher, ARCHERY SEASON!! should be a cool gig! any one else cooking for a crowed? He is looking for about 100+ deer and I am looking for cheap meat for next years comps!!

Fishing all weekend.
pbj's bagels cheeseits bottled water mcDonalds-subsistence only

Picking up a drum and a Brinkman Pitmaster Monday, then we'll get crunk back up

Just took 14 butts off the smoker for tomorrow sandwich sale for a church function, then sunday will be half case chicken leg quarters, 8 racks babyback ribs, and 2 slabs spare ribs. Might throw a fattie or two in on sunday while working on the ribs.All and all, gonna be a great weekend..

I have a 12LB Brisket, 3 Racks or Ribs, some chicken Legs and Beans set to go on the cooker.

Back