Sausage Stuffers

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anyone out there know where to buy a good sausage stuffing machinge. I have a Kitchenaid Mixmaster with the meat grinder attachment but they do not make a sausage stuffer so all I'm able to do now is make bulk sausage. I would like to start making links. Any advice or direction will be greatly appreciated.

I have a TS-110 I got on e-bay. Great price....works great...very strong and durable.

My grinder does not stuff sausage well.:oops:

I'm thinking about getting a vertical style stuffer myself.

I got a combo grinder w/all the stuffing tubes at Cabelas.

Works like a charm.

I have the one from Northern tool that norcos post shows. I have not used it yet as I am still farking around with my recipes:lol:

I have the Kitchen Aid stuffing attachment as well. I don't care for the KA meat grinder but the stuffer works good.

Hey Neal I have the one from Northern Tools it's the 5lb vertical and it works great. I just did 120lbs of summer sausage with it acouple of weeks ago. I have had it for about two years no problems.

Neil you can't go wrong with the 5 lbder from Northern Tool.
I was using an old horn stuffer :shock: till about 5 months ago.
The bucket stuffer is a breeze.

I've got the 5lb'r from Northern Tool... Do yourself a favor and get the 15lb'r... the 5lb'r works great, but I found out I really like making sausage and have been making 30-60lb batches at a time...

James.

I also use the KA grinder and stuffer. I like both. The key to the grinder is to have the meat as cold as possible to the point its about 1/4 frozen. Grinds right up. Oh you also have to have it cut in approx 1" cubes. Works great. But thats just my opinion.

WOW!! Thanks for all the feedback guys. One of the many things I love about our Brethren, always there to help a brother out.:biggrin: An acuatance who works for Kitchenaid told me they didn't make a stuffer attachment! I think I'll start with the KA since it is only $10 at Sears and I already have the mixer and ginder attachment. Work my way up to the Northerntool vertical as I become more and more adept and addicted to sausage making.

Back