MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:14 AM   #1
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Default Pulled pork for the in-laws

This time want be simple NC style. Got a shoulder on sale, just under 9lbs for 9 bucks. After a long night and a short nap, I'm gonna put some hurry in it. Injected with white grape juice, a little brown sugar, and added some rub to it. Then rubbed it with SM pecan and Fiesta Pork rub. On to the UDS at 250 for the first hr to get some smoke, then gonna run it around. 325 or so. Using RO LUMP with pecan and wild cherry. Planning eating around. 1:30 so wish me luck.

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-26-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Good luck That seem pretty quick for a shoulder but I have never dne hot and fast Will be interested in your progress
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #3
Garrett
Babbling Farker

I've done 8-9 lbs butts under 5 hrs before, so I'm hoping I can pull this off in 6 hrs with a one hr rest. We will see what happens.

Old 01-26-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
cliffcarter
is one Smokin' Farker

I do them fast, but not that fast. I plan on a hour per pound, but I also cook at about 300°. If you've done it before, you can do it again. Good luck.
cliffcarter is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2014, 07:41 AM   #5
peeps

sounds like it will be great!!!
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2014, 07:53 AM   #6
Cooknhogz
On the road to being a farker

White grape juice, brown sugar, and rub. I'll have to give that a try. I've been using 3/4 apple juice (I prefer simply apple) 1/4 apple cider vinegar and a little of my rub. Been injecting my butts with that for about 15 yrs. now. I also put the same mixture in my foil when I wrap being I roll hot and fast. Good luck on your smoke.
Cooknhogz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #7
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Looks like things are rolling along pretty good.

In the time it took me to post this it is now up to 114 IT.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:17 AM   #8
Shagdog
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Let me know what time I need to be there. Sounds delicious already!

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Shagdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #9
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagdog View Post

Let me know what time I need to be there. Sounds delicious already!
1:30 is the plan.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
Fwismoker

Can't beat that deal! Interested if you'll be able to taste the juice.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #11
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
Can't beat that deal! Interested if you'll be able to taste the juice.
Never used white grape juice before, I'm thinking I will only be able to pick out a sweetness from it.

Old 01-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #12
Garrett
Babbling Farker

After 3.5 hrs IT was 173 so I wrapped with a splash of the white grape juice. Back on and running up to 350-375.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:25 AM   #13
smoke ninja

Garrett, you have done a butt in 5 hrs? Butts take me longer than anything else. What you cooking on? A ceramic unit? 350?

Old 01-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #14
Garrett
Babbling Farker

This!!!!

Been cooking this shoulder now for 4 hrs and 40 mins, IT is at 188, so I'm thinking it will be close to being done by 1:30. Only a probe will tell. And not a temp probe.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #15
bbqwilly
Babbling Farker

Looks like youre gonna make it.
How do you like that fiesta rub? I have seen that here at Academy sports and wondered how good it was.
TQ 250 deluxe ([COLOR="Red"]gone but not forgotten[/COLOR])
[COLOR="Blue"]"Let me get a Diablo Sandwich and a Dr Pepper. Make it fast I'm in a gosh dang hurry"[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]IMBAS[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Certified[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]MOINK[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Baller[/COLOR]
bbqwilly is offline   Reply With Quote