Some Holiday Desserts

ecode

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
During the summer I stock up on chocolate because I do a bit of baking for the holidays. This was what I brought back with me from Halifax. Callebaut is one of my favorite chocolates to work with and it tastes great:

IMG_6908.jpg

I know some of you like to have dessert for the holiday and figured I'd post a few. These actually were made for Thanksgiving. We head up to Syracuse and visit relatives. It's like a little practice run. This year there were only 14 of us. As a rule of thumb, I like to have at least one different dessert per person, plus a few extra for good measure.

In addition to the pumpkin and apple pies, it is a tradition to make a pumpkin cheesecake

IMG_0248.jpg

This year I baked a chocolate pecan pie to go with it

IMG_0221.jpg

Here's a peanut butter tourine. It is like a thick peanut-butter mousse covered in dark chocolate

IMG_0213.jpg

I also make a fair amount of cookies. These are some chocolate-peanut butter cookies. The peanut butter is on the inside

IMG_0220.jpg

and these are just plain chocolate goodness

IMG_0222.jpg

Macaroons:

IMG_0232.jpg

and a couple kinds of biscotti -- the pistachio-cranberry are a nice combo

IMG_0227.jpg

Pumpkin bundt cake

IMG_0228.jpg

and a few types of squares. Here are some Nanaimo bars.

IMG_0234.jpg

I also made some with almond paste

IMG_0233.jpg

and some chocolate-peanut-butter bars

IMG_0237.jpg

I also like to melt some chocolate

IMG_0236.jpg

and coat some fruit or nuts

IMG_0235.jpg

I lay out a few trays of cookies

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Oh I didn't mention the fudge: chocolate, butterscotch, and maple-walnut:

IMG_0244.jpg

Those who aren't too hungry can just munch on some candied pecans

IMG_0264.jpg

There are always leftovers but the Aunts enjoy giving it out to friends and neighbors.
Right now I'm restocking to make up care packages for Christmas. My technical adviser helped me put together this montage. But I'm thinking he did it just to get me out of the kitchen so he could sample :wink:
Thanks for looking!

(this is me, completely farking speechless, I mean...completely farking speechless)

What I would like to know is........

How does Gore not weigh 300+ pounds?

He must use some form of physics sorcery to fool us into thinking he does not weigh 300 lbs. Those are incredible. Nobody better ever call a dessert throw down with any hope of winning.

That is just beautiful ecode! Wow! Did you say something about a care package?:-D

That is one incredible collection of sweets! And so much finer looking that anthing that I've ever seen the finest of cases. Mmmmm!

Back