4th of July-Tip

FamilyManBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Celebrated the 4th with the family, and some wagyu tri-tip from Select Gourmet Foods (Left Hand Smoke mod). This here was some good eatin'

Had to include this pic, Max the master of ceremonies for the evening:
013-1.jpg

Wagyu in cryo:
016-1.jpg

Marinated both. The one on the left was olive oil, red wine vinegar, worcestershire pepper, salt and onion. The right in olive oil and garlic(rubbed with oregano, thyme, paprika, smoked salt and ground pepper before it hit the WSM):
019-1.jpg

Went with the reverse sear. WSM running around 225, with oak wood. Kept these boys in the smoke until they hit about 125 internal. Foiled, and rested in cooler while I removed center section and stoked the fire (pegged the thermo on the WSM).

Seared each for a couple of minutes a side... no pics here, sorry. Here's Katie checking our final temps:
029-1.jpg

A few slices of the final product (4th of July mod):
033-1.jpg

Will definitely invest in the Wagyu again. The best tri-tip I think I've made...melted in your mouth like few things I've ever eaten. Very well received by the extended family.

Finished off our day of celebration this way (older boys grown up enough for me to sit back and take pics with a belly full of tri-tip mod):
040-1.jpg

Very nice! I've got to try me some of that Wagyu.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great! Which marinade did you like the best?

I never even thought of Wagyu tri-tip! That looks tasty.
Anybody know where I might be able to get some in Central California?

Matt

Back