Venison Pork Brats with Phesant Sauce. :)

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Phesant..Ken was kind enough to send a bottle of brat sauce to me to try out. Thank you Ken!! ( HWSW) :-D
I didn't want to try the sauce on just any old brat, so I made a fresh batch.

009-8-3.jpg

I made a slurry with the spices and beer..

011-7-1.jpg

013-7-2.jpg

015-7-2.jpg

017-8-1.jpg

020-7-2.jpg

I simmered them in beer then browned them...
I couldn't grill them like I had planned. :sad:

007-14-1.jpg

The Old Man Charley's Spicy Mustard Brat Sauce from Ken.

044-5-1.jpg

The sauce was excellent!!

040-5-1.jpg

026-3-1.jpg

Thank you again He Who Smokes Well...

and Thank you for looking at my brat supper!

So you chose the Spicy Mustard...it was a hard pick probably huh?:-D
It took me about 20 min. to choose!
Goode use of the sauce Doc.!

Haha!! I wasn't kidding Pat.. I really used brat sauce. That was a first for me. I've never tasted brat sauce before and I loved it. :-D

Thank you Larry! :wink:

Phu, I was happy with anything he wanted to send. This was really tasty stuff! He's so thoughtful. :biggrin:
Thank you Phu!!

Jeanie, you are a very talented woman. I appreciate everything you do. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

hey jeanie, wow, you do sausage too? :) Just curious, what percentage pork to venison did you use? Also , what kinda beer is that in background?

To the Tune of 'All I Want for Christmas is My 2 Front Teeth'

All I want for Christmas is some brats and beer, brats and beer. Tasty brats and beer.
gee, if I could only have my brats and beer, then I could have a Merry Christmas.

Ohhhh :eusa_clap those are some tasty looking brats SWSW :!::!::!:

Glad you liked the Brat Sauce....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Jeanie :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you Rich and Grillman! :-D

Michael...I appreciate everything you do and thank you for the kind words.:wink: Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Mike, I make sausage too. :) When I make venison burger, I mix it 70/30 (venison to pork fat).
In this batch of brats I used 2lbs of my venison burger and 2 lbs of ground pork butt.
The beer was a Pacifico.... from my mexican beer adventure not long ago. I still have a couple of them left. :biggrin:

lol Marc, now I have that tune in my head. Thank you!! :wink:

Big Brother thank you! The brat sauce was tasty! :wink:

HWSW, I can't thank you enough for the sauce. It was delicious. Thanks for thinking of me. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas too. :-D:wink:

Ross, thank you for the kind comment and for the link. That was my first time trying brat sauce. Merry Christmas to you too. :wink:

Back