MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #16
ViciousGame
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Requirements are easy. No peckerheads allowed!
Aw, man. Who outed me?!

KCBS CBJ CBBQA

[B]Competition arsenal:[/B]
(1) [I][B]22.5 WSM[/B][/I], (2) [I][B]18.5 WSMs[/B], So fast it predicts the future [COLOR="Blue"][B]Blue[/B][/COLOR] [B]Thermapen[/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/vicioussmoke"][B]Visit Vicious Smoke on facebook[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://www.twitter.com/vicioussmokebbq"][B]Follow Vicious Smoke on twitter[/B][/URL]
ViciousGame is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
J&B'sBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for posting the requirements! With that being said, and after hanging with a few brethren this weekend @ Cornelia, we are totally on board for ordering our banner!
[URL="http://www.southernqsmokers.com"]Southern Q Limo Jr. & 125 Water Cooker[/URL]
Proudly Supported By:
[URL="http://www.southernqsmokers.com"]Southern Q Smokers & Trailers[/URL]
[URL="http://www.swampboys.com/wordpress/"]Swamp Boys BBQ Sauces and Rubs[/URL]
[URL="https://carolinacookwood.com"]Carolina Cookwood[/URL][/FONT][/SIZE]
J&B'sBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #18
Butt Rubb'n BBQ
Take a breath!

Go to your local print shop and have one made however you want. Do let someone else tell you what size you have to have.
Butt Rubb'n BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #19
Rookie'48
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Rubb'n BBQ View Post
Go to your local print shop and have one made however you want. Do let someone else tell you what size you have to have.

I seriously hope that you're NOT suggesting that someone have an outside, unauthorized print shop use the BBQ Brethren logo on a banner without permission .
Judge Number 6 competition BBQ team

Possibly the only judge ever to get an award from a bunch of cooks

UDS 075 UCB WSM and a bunch of other stuff.
Rookie'48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #20
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie'48 View Post
I seriously hope that you're NOT suggesting that someone have an outside, unauthorized print shop use the BBQ Brethren logo on a banner without permission .
Thanks, Dave!

Butt Rubb' BBQ, you may want to review our rules.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=14685

Quote:
BBQ Brethren and Flaming Pig Logo are REGISTERED TRADEMARKS. Duplication or use is strictly forbidden.
Feel free to make you own banner, it shouldn't include the Brethren logo.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #21
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousGame View Post
Aw, man. Who outed me?!
I know. Right? I'll never qualify for one now.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #22
Fat Freddy
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Fred

When my banner comes in,I will proudly fly it. I would hate to think anyone would want to go around the very simple rules. To me that would not be someone that loves our forum and what being a BBQ Brethren stands for.

Saying that though I sure didnt mind saving a couple of dollars by ordering while on sale.

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #23
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Requirements are easy. No peckerheads allowed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBBAGA View Post
Wow, I'm glad that I got my order in before Phil posted this condition...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousGame View Post
Aw, man. Who outed me?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
I know. Right? I'll never qualify for one now.

Wow.. birds of a feather!!.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #24
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
The logo cannot be distributed, and there are no readily available high resolution images on the net. Going to outside sources with a crappy downloaded image will produce a crappy banner. The images our printer has is EXTREMELY high resolution designed to make a 20x20 foot image with zer degradation.

I think his standard is 3x5. Im sure Mike will be happy to make a custom size... he can also make other items.

with that being said, here how we see it.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=24666

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the requirements thread
1 - For teams, we use one printer. I have a guarantee of non-disclosure/non-proliferation with them. I have also seen and approved the quality of his products. Once the custom artwork is submitted he can print anything for you. Banners, magnets, posters, etc.. anything in his product line. If there is something someone wants outside of his product line, let me know and i will find and alternative.

B - Billing, shipping, ordering, is all done through paypal. Order whatever u want, put the requests in the special instructions field and your shipping info where required.

III - I am sorry, but unfortunately, I can not deal with everyones individual favorite printer. The graphic is over 100Meg. Mailing it out is not an option. It turns into a nightmare when I have to cut CDs, or email large images over and over, use USPS, or whatever. Additionally, I need signed documents protecting our trademark, and dont have time keeping track of who has what. I have this all worked out with one source. Its the only way I can keep track and protect the trademark.

d - Please dont ask for the highres artwork because I hate to say no, but the answer must be no. The printer is ALSO not allowed to give out the artwork. I get a lot of requests for the graphic, and as soon as I give it to one, I have to give it to all. I will work with you to get your product, from the sources I have set up, but cant set precedent and allow free distribution of our logo. I agree, freely distributing the artwork may be ok with 99.999% of us, but the minute someone gets torqued and walks, we can find our logo on the side of a can of lighter fluid.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #25
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Fingers crossed mine is in this batch. :-)
3 weeks till Grillstock.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #26
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

The entire banner backlog will be cleared and shipped this week.

3x5 is the standard Brethren banner size. If you want something larger or smaller shoot me a PM.
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->