• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoked corned beef on my WSM

Hambone1950

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
No more foolin around! I've been threatening to smoke a leftover point cut corned beef that didn't make it into the boiled dinner for st pattys and today I said "no more dithering , I'm doing it today" So I dug my WSM out of the garage , put the corned beef on to soak , got all my charcoal stuff out , Went back in while the fire got going and did a little prep on the rinsed corned beef (about 3 lbs) Smoked it for 2 and a half hours at 250-275 foiled it at 160 and pulled it at 195 and probe tender like soft butter. Tender juicy and really flavorful....this is a great way to cook corned beef!

bc374364b9dd49fca00f11109c0c33f2_zps46ce0416.jpg

Looks great. You say you just rinsed the brisket and did not soak it in water to get the salt out? How was the salt level in the finished product? I find the salt level varies widely in store bought corned beef. Whoops! Just saw the message above this one.

Looks great. You say you just rinsed the brisket and did not soak it in water to get the salt out? How was the salt level in the finished product? I find the salt level varies widely in store bought corned beef. Whoops! Just saw the message above this one.

Yeah , I think I got lucky and the amount of soaking I did was just right. I don't know how you can tell if you get a super salty corned beef , but that would be disastrous .

We just did the same thing this past weekend. Smoked Corned beef is excellent! Takes some tasty hash too, if you are ever lucky enough to have leftovers...

Back