MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:27 AM   #31
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellyBBQ View Post
get biker billy seeds from Burbee's seed catalog...awesome hot peppers!
I most likely would if I could, but the costs sending a commercial order over here definitely would speak against it.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:17 AM   #32
Clayfish
Full Fledged Farker

There's good advice above, here in england, I get best results from chili & green pepper plants when I use small plastic greenhouse to keep the plants at a higher temperature.

Something like the link below would cost around EUR10 and can be erected on your existing herb garden or anywhere else you like - I grow tomatoes, peppers, chillies and cucumbers in pots inside them.

22" WSM, 22" OTG, [COLOR=navy][B]Jumbo Joe[/B][/COLOR], WSJ, Mini WSM, WGA, Maverick ET-732, [COLOR=red][B]Red [/B][/COLOR]Thermapen and a twelve year old gasser which hasn't come out of the shed since I got a taste of charcoal!
Clayfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #33
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Thumbs up

Now look what arrived by mail yesterday by courtesy of fellow brethren rocketmanray:

(The seeds at the top are Jalapeno)

This is already so exciting, if everything turns out, there will be a really nice herb garden. You just can't beat doing it yourself, next up some Moonshining...

Thanks a lot, rocketmanray, that's a really nice addition to our little stock of seeds. Is it spring yet?

Old 02-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #34
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

And another fantastic delivery from the U.S. arrived today, by courtesy of fellow brethren Mammoth Mountain

Thank you very much, Mike, this is truly awesome! Not only another addition for the herb garden, but also a sample of the product.

Any advice on tasting those ground Ghost Peppers?

Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #35
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

just used my peppers making abts and tossed them. sorry.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #36
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
just used my peppers making abts and tossed them. sorry.
That's bad, isn't it?

Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #37
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is not your pork! View Post
That's bad, isn't it?
I see what you did there.....ahahahahahahahhha.....

Old 02-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #38
vafish
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is not your pork! View Post
Thanks a lot, this is so great, I just love to be a member of the brethren. I wish I could return the favor, but there is absolutely nothing in the spirit of 'Q'ing Austria has to share.

Anybody else with some Jalapeno seeds?

It would be so great, to have some different kinds of hotness freshly available next season.
What no beer in Austria?

Can't have a BBQ without beer.
Silver UDS with weber lid, UDS #2 black with a weber lid, 1995 Treager pellet grill, 22.5 Weber
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #39
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

There is beer, but honestly it's not that great (although Austrian "Pils" may be better than Heineken and most of the stuff you have over there).

I don't mix BBQ with beer though, and I only drink beer brewed from wheat without alcohol, which I import from Germany.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #40
Mammoth Mountain
On the road to being a farker

Location: Orting Wa up on the hillside of a Volcano Mt. Rainier

Mike,
The Ghost Peppers have a sweet smokey flavor. The heat comes on very slow so don't be fooled. It takes a little while to start being hot. Then it just gets hotter and hotter. Try some with sour cream or yogurt as a dip. I use it like red crushed pepper flakes. Enjoy The Burn!
I use them making pickles, pickled beans, chili, chicken wings, BBQ sauce , etc... I warn people if I use them in something.

Last edited by Mammoth Mountain; 02-05-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Mammoth Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #41
Mammoth Mountain

You may want to have some whipping cream or milk around when you try the peppers.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #42
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Thumbs up

I just had my very first Ghost Peppers experience!

So I put your Ghost Peppers into a peppers table grinder. My wife made Chili Sin Carne for dinner, and I gave my portion a *really* good dusting.

It was a true outer world experience, lips and mouth suffered badly from the hellfire, and the tears just wouldn't stop. I didn't have such a sensation for years, last time I remember was in London at the Chinese on Piccadilly Circus (which moved to a new location in the meantime).

This is FAN-freaking-TASTIC! The output of endorphins was overwhelming. Such stuff just isn't available here, I'd consider it weapons-grade peppers.

I'm lovin it!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #43
Mammoth Mountain

Here is where I order mine up. I don't know if they ship overseas or not. Maybe Amazon in Germany would do it. Glad to see you enjoyed it!

http://shop.sonoranspice.com/

Last edited by Mammoth Mountain; 02-05-2013 at 02:05 PM..
Mammoth Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote