new grate setup

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I went to my bbq supplier to pick up some rubs and lump and noticed a 22.5 two tier adjustable rack. I have one for my 18.5 ceramic grill already so I inquired about it and he let me take it home to try in my weber kettle since this was made for the Super Grill Dome. Well it wont sit down on on the food support tabs its a about a 1/2 inch to big so I let him know and he said he will design one for the kettle and have a few made to see if there is interest.
Here is the pic of the one thats to big. I will get one to fit the kettle as soon as they are out.I brought the kettle up from the yard since it was raining. I have a table in the yard with my weber and on the deck I use my dome.
image1.jpg
image.jpg

image3.jpg
image2.jpg

That looks pretty nice actually. How high above the bottom rack is the top rack? How much are they asking for that? I have the Craycort cast iron grates for my kettle but this looks pretty cool too...

That looks pretty nice actually. How high above the bottom rack is the top rack? How much are they asking for that? I have the Craycort cast iron grates for my kettle but this looks pretty cool too...
I been using one on my ceramic for awhile. I love it. The top rack is adjustable so you can higher and lower it. Once they make one for the weber I will get some pics. He still working on a price, he should have price soon. These are really solid units.

I can definitely see myself loading up the kettle with moinks and abts on a setup like that.

I can definitely see myself loading up the kettle with moinks and abts on a setup like that.
That sounds good. I have yet to try either of them. On my ceramic I usually load the meat below and potato's and veggies up top.

I can probably invert a second 22.5 or even an 18.5 rack on top of the original rack or on top of the current cast iron grate, but I just like cast iron :)

That does look pretty cool. I will be watching this thread.

Back