Gwinnett County Ga question

eap0510

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a question to those around or near Gwinnett county Ga.
How you all do vending?

Do you have a mobile kitchen, cook out of the house, or do you rent space some where?

I am looking at selling at small out door gatherings and will only basically be reheating the food on site due to time limitations. Most places will only be open 4 hours or so. I am wanting to sell pork plate lunches but due to the butts need to cook 12+ hours I am unable to do it on site.

What would be the best suggestion on what is involved in doing such an event. I know need to talk to help department but due to my normal job contact the HD right now is not doable.

-Eric

Eric,

First, best of luck. I dont vend, and if I did, it wouldnt be in Gwinnett. Mind you, I'm
a Gwinnett native (there are VERY few of us over 40 years old). The county passed
and ordinance many years ago which was directed at cutting off some of the less
healthy street vendors, but pretty much eliminated ALL type of vending. You'll want to check with the county for licensing as well as the health department. Frankly,
there was a GREAT BBQ vendor in Snellville that no longer vends as a result. There
would be a line of 10 to 15 folks on Friday evenings for his BBQ. No longer. This guy
even had a HUGE trailer and an additional small screened area built around his 2
cookers.

Bummer

Lake Dogs,

Thanks for the reply.

That is a real bummer that he was ran out of business. It definitely sounds like he had everything that was required to comply with the HD. I figured that I would have to start with the HD to get all of the information but was wanting to get the low down from someone first hand.

I figured that there was a reason why I did not see anyone vending around that area. I guess I now know why I do not see anyone at these different places selling food.

Thanks,
-Eric

Back