Akaushi Kobe Brisket's from Sysco.

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried the Akaushi Kobe Brisket's from Sysco?

We buy some things through them for catering and my sales rep strongly recominds them.

Are you posting from 2010?

Huh 2010???
If by chance if you mean do I know what Akuishi Kobe is then YES. It is Wagyu beef I know this just the US version.
I was just wondering if anyone has purchased from Sysco and what their thoughts were on it.
I have purchased from SRF before with great results but never from Sysco.

So to answer you no... My Flux Compacitor is shorted out and we are in the process on updating it with a more effient model... Should be back up and running next weekend.

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Just wondering, because everything you post seems to be from the way back machine.

there is a search function on this message board that you might find helpful.

Just wondering, because everything you post seems to be from the way back machine.

there is a search function on this message board that you might find helpful.

You no I am truly sorry if I offended you and got you upset with my question.

Most of the time people around here are nice and willing to help out a fellow member... But I guess this is not one of those times.

You know I did go back and look at a few past post but some were older post and some times vendors products change on quality for what ever reason.

But thank you for your support anyway.... And I truly hope your day turns around and some how you can smile... Life is to short.

Hey Shiz! Thanks for the post. I didn't know about Sysco. I pulled up their meat catalog and oh...my...God, they've got some nice product. How expensive are they?

Hey Shiz! Thanks for the post. I didn't know about Sysco. I pulled up their meat catalog and oh...my...God, they've got some nice product. How expensive are they?

Current prices are;
Choice brisket - 65# case - $3.01 per pound

Akaushi Kobe brisket - 15# case - $8.45 per pound

But we do get a small discount on top of that.

My understanding is that the Akaushi is a different cross from the "Wagyu," where as one is crossed with Black Angus, and the other with a Red Heffer. I could be wrong on that. Regardless, Sysco owns (or works with) Buckhead Beef, who owns SRF, so....any of the high end beef and some of the high end pork is sourced through SRF. Check with your supplier sheet, it usually lists the brand of thos as either being BKHDBF or SNKRIV or something similar.

dmp

You no I am truly sorry if I offended you and got you upset with my question.

Most of the time people around here are nice and willing to help out a fellow member... But I guess this is not one of those times.

You know I did go back and look at a few past post but some were older post and some times vendors products change on quality for what ever reason.

But thank you for your support anyway.... And I truly hope your day turns around and some how you can smile... Life is to short.

not offended or upset...just think your posts are funny.

Calling out people for not returning emails, when neither seem to have gotten an email...check

Posting that someone just died, when they died 3 months ago...check..

Asking has anyone tried wagyu...check.

Next you will be asking about Fab B and why the ingredient store doesnt return your calls or if anyone read Harry's letter to B-F.

Have a good one.

Wow! As a newbie, I guess I better go back and search the archives for answers to my questions before I post anything new!!! I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!!

Wow.....

Anyway, I have tried them but not through Sysco....great briskets. I will check with my rep to see if they can order them. Thanks for the heads up....didn't know this information (but guess I could have searched for it).

I appreciate your post. After I read your initial question I google searched the breed and was brought back to a 2011 brethren string but there was ultimately no mention of anyone giving feedback who actually used it.

Maybe there is more info deeper.

But ultimately the question remains:

Has anyone used it?

Thanks for the string!

I have ordered 1 through Sysco! Very thin briskets, and very pricey! I would just assume use a prime or $4.50 wagyu from Sysco. Didn't do much for me, but they claim they are much heart healthier! I'll stick to the cheaper briskys!

Calling out people for not returning emails, when neither seem to have gotten an email...check

Next you will be asking about Fab B and why the ingredient store doesnt return your calls or if anyone read Harry's letter to B-F.

Have a good one.

1. Nope did not call anyone out... Yes if it was worth it I would show you my sent items... And I have contacted one team and have worked something out to maybe fly in for a class... But I will admit I did make a typo on one's e-mail address.
2. Sorry I just found out and was truly heart felt for his family and for our sport (Comp BBQ). Cause to us little guy's he was and still is an idol.
3. No I did not ask has anyone used Wagyu... I asked has anyone used one from Sysco.
4. Nope again I am a Butches and Kosmos user and have been quite pleased for some time.

Sorry my question has taken up your time... And I still truly hope you can smile about something the end of the day... Life is to short.

I believe Akaushi is the same brand that Sams Club sells online. I bought one through Sams. It was about 12lbs, good size and shape and came frozen solid. It had good taste but it did not have the deep marbling that I've seen from other Wagyu briskets.

Current prices are;
Choice brisket - 65# case - $3.01 per pound

Akaushi Kobe brisket - 15# case - $8.45 per pound

But we do get a small discount on top of that.

I've used these on our last two cooks.
2nd place (tied for 1st) at Salisbury, MD, in April
4th place at Fluvanna's BBQ, Blues and Brews in June

I buy them by the case of 4 - approx 60lbs. You're lucky to get two nice briskets in a case - the other two are typically smaller, thinner, briskets good for cooking at home with. It's hard to get great tasting burnt ends out of the thinner briskets, but the flats seem to be the same all-the-way-around.

Is it worth it? Probably not. But it's hard to change after having good luck. Course, I think some of these guys can cook the crappiest meat available and win Grand Champion.

Have a good one.

Yo man, no reason to jump down the guys throat, we are all friends here...He is just asking if any of us have tried a specific product from a specific vendor for quality purposes.

I saw that cut on the order form, but with all the fake Kobe talk out there, have been wary about trying it. If you do get some let me know how it cooks!

Neil

but with all the fake Kobe talk out there, have been wary about trying it. If you do get some let me know how it cooks!

It's all fake kobe. But of course we all knew that. :mrgreen:

But don't be afraid to try it. Just make sure you can put your hands on it to check the quality before you buy it, unless you've used it before.

I switched to wagyu this year and won't be going back.

Can anyone order from Sysco? I thought they only sold to businesses.

Back