MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
Enkidu
Take a breath!

Default Awesome customer service from Maverick!!!

So, I bought my Maverick ET-732 last Summer and have loved it up until few weeks ago when, in the middle of a cook, my meat probe went out on me. Naturally, the probe went out after the expiration of my 90-day warranty despite my taking very good care of the equipment. Just now, I called Maverick to tell them about it and see what it would cost to replace.

A very nice woman answered the phone and told me they would send me a free replacement food probe despite it being beyond warranty! No hassle! I didn't even ask if they would do it, she just offered to do it right away without any thought or hesitation!

Talk about outstanding customer service!

Now this is how you do it right!

Maverick just got themselves a customer for life who won't hesitate to recommend them to everyone. I wish more companies did things the right way like this!

Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Oldbob
is One Chatty Farker

That is good to hear...I Just bought a Maverick ET-732 off of Amazon,and the BBQ probe was never crimped where wire enters the probe...I need to call and see about getting that probe replaced...Thanks for the heads up !!
Weber Gasser Genesis Silver A
Pit Barrel Cooker
Maverick ET-732
VietNam Veteran US Navy
May you Sleep in Peace always...and Please....Thank a Veteran for That Privilege!!
Oldbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
John Bowen
is Blowin Smoke!

Since you brought up using the Maverick Probes I have a question …
How do you (any of you) handle the pit probe sensor? There is no clamp just a probe at the end of the cable. When I use my BWS I just hang the probe between the top two racks but I have no place to hang it in my offset smoker.
There should be a way to mount it on the cooking grate but I have not figured out a way.
John Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Enkidu
Take a breath!

My Maverick came with a clip for the grill sensor that fits onto the grill grate and holds the sensor. Maybe there was a packaging error and your grill sensor clip was left out?

Old 01-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #5
SoCalQ
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkidu View Post
A very nice woman answered the phone and told me they would send me a free replacement food probe despite it being beyond warranty! No hassle! I didn't even ask if they would do it, she just offered to do it right away without any thought or hesitation!

Talk about outstanding customer service!

Now this is how you do it right!

Maverick just got themselves a customer for life who won't hesitate to recommend them to everyone. I wish more companies did things the right way like this!
I had a similar experience with Maverick. I bought at ET-73 last July, and about two weeks ago the smoker probe went bad during a 12 hour brisket cook. I called Maverick and they offered to send me a new one, no questions asked. I also ordered a new food probe (which I paid for).

After doing a bunch of research, it became apparent that the probes often go bad because moisture gets into the probe at the point where the wire enters the body of the probe. So, when I got the new probes, I put a dab of food-safe silicone at the point where the wire enters the probe. When the silicone dried, I covered it with food-safe heat shrink tubing. The tubing didn't quite shrink enough to seal on the wire, but it did seal nicely over the probe and the silicone. I'm hoping that the silicone and heat shrink tubing will help the probes last longer.

My $.02. HTH.
SoCalQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->