R

Rick's Tropical Delight

thought i'd try something different...
pizza on friday night :biggrin:

swdeepdish-006.jpg

swdeepdish-005.jpg

the neighbor said yum!

swdeepdish-008.jpg

Looks mighty good… Hay is that a clay flower pot dish you are using? If so uncle uses one also for deep dish pies.

Hey...wait a minute here...I know that kid...isn't he the one that shows up every pizza night? :p:p:p Nice pie bro...what kind of dish are you baking in? It looks potteryish...:cool:

the pan is the bottom of a superstone la cloche

click

i got it on sale for $25 at williams-sonoma :biggrin:

That looks amazing. Any pics of it after you cut it? Also, was this a traditional Chicago style pie layered with cheese, then toppings, tomatoes, and a final layer of cheese?

Rick, how do you sleep at night knowing all of the keyboards you have cost the brethren? My son is teething and after looking at that pic I am drooling more than he ever could.

That looks amazing. Any pics of it after you cut it? Also, was this a traditional Chicago style pie layered with cheese, then toppings, tomatoes, and a final layer of cheese?

nope, sorry, no sliced photos. the boy was running around so i had to put the camera and tripod away.

not traditional chicago style. it's the same pizza marinara i've been making every friday, but just in the deep dish stoneware. sprouted wheat crust, marinara made with tomato & carrots, fresh mozzarella, fresh sweet basil, fresh ground black pepper. i didn't dock the crust to try and get it to rise a bit. i think i prefer the thin, rolled out crust over this one :cool:

nope, sorry, no sliced photos. the boy was running around so i had to put the camera and tripod away.

not traditional chicago style. it's the same pizza marinara i've been making every friday, but just in the deep dish stoneware. sprouted wheat crust, marinara made with tomato & carrots, fresh mozzarella, fresh sweet basil, fresh ground black pepper. i didn't dock the crust to try and get it to rise a bit. i think i prefer the thin, rolled out crust over this one :cool:

Next time invite them over after you've sliced the pizza and taken pictures Rick. :mrgreen:.. Looks great as usual.

places like target and kohls are selling clay bakeware...all kings of shapes and sizes....
they have a typical shallow pan that works great for pizza...you can form the dough in the pan and put ingredients right on...instead of trying to slide it onto a pizza stone....

not sure how much different its gonna be as the pan will be heating up with the pizza.

Back