MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
slat
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Smoker build questions

I have aquired an 85 gallon commercial water heater. The tank is about 22 inches OD and about 4' 6" long. I am wondering about a few things at the moment. What dia. would you make the flue? What demensions would you make the firebox?
Any input would be helpful, since I know several of y'all have made your own or have ideas if you made your own. I am thinking about a reverse flow with an offset firebox and a warming oven on top of the firebox.

Proud member of the MOFO chapter.

Bandera
Turkey Fryer
Rusting and corroding Gas Grill
slat is offline   Reply With Quote