• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My 1st UDS

definitely! I was also thinking about placing the charcoal pan on top of a rack to raise it up then a rack directly on top of that to sear steaks, etc. No sure what kinda weight wed be working with then though..
Yea it's great to be to be able to sear steaks etc....in the drum. The BP is designed to do that because the basket itself adjusts up and down which is pretty sweet... i use that function all the time when i use the drum.

Good looking drum, you'll get lots of good use out of it i'm sure.

Great build. You resolved my quest for a solution for adjustable racks so I can have complete control over rack placement or charcoal box height. Love it! :thumb:

Awesome build, nice job. I've got one UDS and getting ready to build another, I will be using that rack system in the next for sure. Just another example of all the great ideas that show up on this site. :cool:

Great build. You resolved my quest for a solution for adjustable racks so I can have complete control over rack placement or charcoal box height. Love it! :thumb:

Awesome build, nice job. I've got one UDS and getting ready to build another, I will be using that rack system in the next for sure. Just another example of all the great ideas that show up on this site. :cool:

Thanks guys! Although I must admit the rack idea wasn't totally mine.I browsed and researched this site and pretty much everything else online before I built mine and just combined a bunch of the ideas I saw to make mine. I had to space the shelving rail out using 2 nuts behind each for the weber rack to fit flush. Either way glad I could help influence!

Make room! I'm really looking forward to getting to use this baby.

I got excited when I first saw your name, thought it was going to be a fellow GSU eagle fan.. Judging by your location, I assume it's different eagle haha!

HAHA! My Eagle is my son and his middle school football team. Small world though...there was a guy that worked at my department that played football for GS. He is a HUGE fan! Matter of fact, I took a pic of your UDS and sent it to him and he went bonkers!

I use a single track with shelf hangers. They are 6.5" and I cut them down to what size I want so I don't need to shim the track.

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-48-in-Bronze-Single-Track-Wall-Standard-EB-0095-48BRZ/204611775

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-8-6-in-x-2-3-in-Bronze-Single-Track-Shelf-Bracket-EB-0096-8BRZ/204611777

These are painted bronze but was just using as a quick example. You can get them in multiple sizes and in stainless (which I use).

Where did you find the track shelving in stainless? I've been looking all over, but I can't find anything that isn't powder coated or enamled in some way.

Where did you find the track shelving in stainless? I've been looking all over, but I can't find anything that isn't powder coated or enamled in some way.

Never seen it in stainless, but brass was readily available and is okay to use.

HAHA! My Eagle is my son and his middle school football team. Small world though...there was a guy that worked at my department that played football for GS. He is a HUGE fan! Matter of fact, I took a pic of your UDS and sent it to him and he went bonkers!

That's awesome! Glad to see Eagle Nation spread out the other states. Tell him I said "Hail Southern." I'm actually going down to the school again next weekend for a tailgating cookoff

Back