Come on all, lets step up to the plate and fill it up.

Picture324.jpg

Check me Bigabyte see if I am over the limit...Got a big smoke coming up
You have only participated in one Throwdown before, the Super Bowl Party Food Throwdown.:thumb:

Since SmokinAussie posted his first Throwdown picture, I thought I would share my fist Throwdown picture. I planned this cook for a couple of days, really thinking it out. My focus was on making a dish that sounded so tasty it would be bound to get some votes, maybe even WIN!:becky: All I had to do then was try and get a nice picture of it and that Throwdown would be mine for the taking, and I would RULE THE WORLD!:twisted:

So...the Throwdown was the 10th overall Throwdown ever held, the Chicken Wing Throwdown. For some reason I had General Tso's chicken on my mind, so I decided to make wings in that style, but on the grill instead of fried. For the rice on the side, I made Pig Candy Fried Rice (oh yeah, victory is now assured), and since I also like spring rolls, I decided to make some Grilled Shrimp Thai Spring Rolls.

Sounds awesome doesn't it? Well, at least I thought so anyway. It tasted fantastic! I was so confident going into voting that if I didn't win outright, that I would get 2nd or 3rd place.:becky:

Oh yeah...here's the picture.

As you can see below...my picture skills were excellent back then.:rolleyes:

Doesn't the "blue" effect make the food look so yummy?:becky:

final.jpg

:sick::sick::sick:

I got a zero.:doh:

As you have probably noticed though...that did not keep me from participating in future Throwdowns. Heck, after a while I was somehow allowed to moderate these things. Why they gave me the keys to this place is beyond me!:shock:

I usually prefer PURPLE spring rolls but I'd hit those.:-D

Come on you scrubs get off the pine and take a swing for the Gipper. :D

" My wife just flipped the bird and it wasn't one with feathers. DOH!!! "

I think I have been in two? Can I get in on this?

Ah shrink wrap ... and here I was impressed that the latex didn't melt. :becky:

Well, I think this is my first. It was a spaghetti-stuffed fattie for the spaghetti throwdown. Like Chris, I had high hopes, and it really wasn't too bad. It was a good idea and it tasted great. The pic isn't too bad either, but the fattie doesn't look overly appetizing. I probably should've done a weaved blue-latex wrap. :thumb: I've made much worse since then.

Gore.jpg

I think I've only been in 3 throwdowns. However, I won one of them.

My guess is I'm SOL on this, correct?

I think I've only been in 3 throwdowns. However, I won one of them.

My guess is I'm SOL on this, correct?
For anyone entering for the first time...FattyMac won on his first ever entry into a Throwdown! so it has happened before!:thumb:

However, FattyMac, you have been in the following 4 Throwdowns, so you're definitely too much of a "pro" for this one!:thumb::becky:

Roots (you won) - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85260
Bacon - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91917
Something Crispy This Way Comes - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94471
Fatty - http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94096

ecode is busy getting ready for tomorrow, so I thought I'd post her first TD pic. It actually was her first post on the BBQ Brethren, and since then she's been posting wildly. I think she even knows what a fattie is now.

ecode.jpg

I don't even remember my first Throwdown entry. I am sure it was not what I had hoped. I do remember Ecodes cake thingy and her special Throwdown plate though.

I don't even remember my first Throwdown entry. I am sure it was not what I had hoped. I do remember Ecodes cake thingy and her special Throwdown plate though.
Well...I know!:becky: I think it looks great.:thumb: It was in the Sausage Throwdown. It didn't get a zero.:becky:

landarc.jpg

Dang, one less vote and the Zero's Club would've been started several weeks earlier. That is beautiful, but of course the other entries look great too. Dang, tough competition in that one. ... I bet you would've beaten them all in a Meatball Throwdown though. :rolleyes:

Well, I think this is my first. It was a spaghetti-stuffed fattie for the spaghetti throwdown. Like Chris, I had high hopes, and it really wasn't too bad. It was a good idea and it tasted great. The pic isn't too bad either, but the fattie doesn't look overly appetizing. I probably should've done a weaved blue-latex wrap. :thumb: I've made much worse since then.

Dang! Never saw that one! I like the idea though... I'm thinkin lasagne fattie...

My first entry/pic - It was the Cast Iron TD... I shoulda known better than even attempt that one! Wow! Some tough entries that week - and EVERYBODY 'round here owns cast iron!

I thought I would take home a win with an outta the (cake)box idea - nobody would be expecting a pinapple upsidedown cake!! Kinda like the spanish inquisition... ?

Here it is - baked in a dutch oven with briquettes - YUM!
DSC07335Medium.jpg

DSC07342Medium.jpg

DSC07357Medium.jpg

Back