Homemade portable Gas Grill...some feedback Pls..

F

fatboy123

Good day gentleman,

In my part of the world, most expatriates are in flats with no balcony and hence everyone has a very small portable charcoal grill which they take to the parks or the seaside, I have always admired the American easier way of gas grills so when I found a portable gas grill I bought it however the flame from it was very weak and no one in my country sells propane tanks and the gas and connections are all different so I had no choice but to redo the whole setup and standardize all to my region.

So I had my local welder make me this contraption which I've tried and gives a GREAT amount of heat (adjustable of course) and pretty much even heat all over the surface. I tried copying over the Weber flavorizer bars idea but didn't come out very cleanly, I used steel and it's doing it's job nicely.

My question now is since I know nothing about this stuff, am I putting my families lives in danger of some sorts like wrong materials used or dangerous fumes, we don't have propane here, instead we use a mixture of 70% Butane / 30% propane I've adjusted the orifice holes to give a nice blue flame, or am I good to go and start learning this wonderful world of grilling.

I've uploaded two pictures for reference, any feedback highly appreciated.

Bobak.

Attachments

• 1-web.jpg
    1-web.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 2-web.jpg
    2-web.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 3-web.jpg
    3-web.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 102
I'd just check all of the gas connections with soapy water to detect any leaks. Does the cover have any air holes? Is the bottom vent adjustable for air flow? I'd take it for a test drive.

Thats a pretty awesome setup. I ate in kuwait for 7 months. Was in Ali Al Salem, Kuwait City, Quite a bit of grass fed New Zealand beef. Taste very different than the stuff we get in the states. Also cooked some camel, and had some prepared for me traditionally. Ostrich was readily available at the market and had a very interesting flavor. All in all. Loved it.

I drove alot from Ali Al Salem to Arifjan to Buerhring. Drove on 70 to 6 to 40... 7th ring, 6 ring. Man i hated traffic in that country.

I did do a leak check and everything is fine, the steel bars won't melt will it? the top and the bottom does have air holes/vents.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Bobak.

Back