FBA - Starke, FL Results!

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It was a shootout...just like I predicted!! :biggrin:

Grand Champion...Homebbq.com (Kevin & his lovely assistant Tim-kapndsl):eek:
Reserve....Woodhouse Grill (Mike - bbqman1)

Scores were 747.88332 to 741.91667

Homebbq
1st Chicken
1st Pork
3rd Ribs

Woodhouse
3rd pork
5th ribs
8th chicken
5th brisket

FBA Team of the year results:

Homebbq.com 162
Woodhouse Grill 159

As a result of this last contest of the year...Homebbq.com, our own Kevin Bevington, is the Florida BBQ Association TEAM OF THE YEAR for the 3rd straight year -- now, bro's, that's consistency.

Mike had an outstanding year, too, and he and Kevin dominated the FBA events - the 3rd place team was 90 points behind Mike...

Congratulations to these two outstanding teams. :biggrin:

Congratulations Kevin. FBA team of the year 3 straight. You should stand proud.Way to go Tim. A brother needed a hand and you came through.

Congratulations to Mike (Woodhouse Grill) also. What a nice way to end the season.

Congrats Kevin and Mike [and Tim-nice pinch-hitting for the team]. Ya'll make us proud.

I am home from a great contest. Exhausted for sure!

Kevin can cook!
Exhausted. Do you have any idea how "draining" it is to PitBitch a 26' Toy Hauler Rig with a pair of FEC 100s on the ramp
icon_twisted.gif
Wears ya out from boredom watching the digital readouts!
icon_biggrin.gif
Kevin even took pity on my advanced age and scooped the pellets in himself
redface.gif

Kevin can cook!
Exhausted. Do you have any idea how "draining" it is to be the dishwasher for a cook who uses about 300' of Reynolds HD aluminum foil to prep and work on so his wife (or volunteer dishwasher) does not have to wash a lot of stuff (Clara trained him right)
icon_biggrin.gif
Wore me out looking for stuff to wash. Take note here Chad.

Kevin can cook!
Good first year event with about 40 teams. Had their share of power and "muddy bog" problems. But, should be a great one next year with a load of possibilities for growth
icon_biggrin.gif

Kevin can cook!
Congrats to Mike (Woodhouse) for a great FBA Team of the Year (TOTY) season. You and Kevin are gonna make next year another one to remember for TOTY in the FBA. What a cliffhanger
icon_biggrin.gif

But, it appears that Kevin gets to keep the trophy for awhile longer. This is his third consecutive year hugging that thing
icon_biggrin.gif

Great to see Jimmy (Smokin' Cracker) there. Congrats on the 10th in chicken. I will wait patiently for my personal bottle of your new "Smokin' Cracker" sauce Jimmy
icon_biggrin.gif

Kevin can cook!
For the record, I can state that Kevin uses his branded commercial rub on Beef, Ribs, and Pork. Opened sealed bottles of each, with no additions, and "cooked on". Results speak for themselves. Just like Ray Lampe, Kevin takes the "basics" of BBQ and elevates them to an "Art Form". Simple cooking, done well each event is the "key to success" I am seeing. This ain't rocket science here, although we sometimes try
icon_twisted.gif

Kevin can cook!
I have now had the pleasure of cooking with two of the "Masters" of BBQ--Ray Lampe and Kevin Bevington. I found both to be "real people" and more than willing to discuss the realities of "how to cook to win" if, and I repeat "if" I got in there, supported them in the event, and they felt comfortable with me. Key Largo brought some of the lessons home for Chad and I. Lakeland at the end of Jan will see what dimension Kevin has added to our performance.

All I can say is, if ya get a chance to wash dishes with a SuperStar--do what ya have to do to make it happen. Be prepared to contribute labor so they can focus on their job-- which is Winning!

Did I mention--Kevin can cook
redface.gif

Thanks Kevin.
See ya in LakeLand.

TIM

Nice job Kevin, Mike and Jimmy...............

Chad........I think I'm sending you foil for Christmas, Tim isn't going to know how to cook without it, he's found way too many new uses.......:biggrin:

Tim.........you're starting to get a reputation as a good luck pitbitch, keep up the good work! Do you travel as far as Missouri?? :wink:

Congratulations Wonderful news to here great people doing great things. I did need clarification on one thing Tim did you say Kevin can cook? Just kidding fantastic news:grin:

Wat to go, guys! Congrats on a great contest and season!

Maybe we should foil Dave?

Ron_L said:
Congrats to all! Nice work, Tim! BTW, do you think that Kevin can cook? :-D

I just re-read Tim's post. I think if you read it carefully, there are a couple of places that might lead you to infer that Tim thinks Kevin can cook. Its subtle, though, and you have to look close to see it:grin:

Thanks guy's , Congrads to Kevin for taking over first.I will make no excuses and I will never cry in my wheaties. It was a killer year, and the best team won after all who in the hell could cry after winning eight Grands , two reserves and 31,000 in contest winnings and I also won a grand in the KCBS so that makes nine for the year.I traveled to 5 different states doing contests and have met some of the best people. I have new friends everywhere. BBq and the people involved are tops. to me and I'm glad to know all you guy's. See ya next year Kevin hahaha.

Mike, The Woodhouse Grill

By the way Tim, when you get some of Jimmy,s new bbq sauce get 2 or 3 you will like it. Me, Jimmy, and Mark from smoke n spice were practicing chicken friday night using Jimmy's new sauce and it was kick ass. We mixed a bottle of Jimmys with some of Marks sauce and Mark put it on his Ribs for the contest. He won first in ribs.

Thanks all... And first I want to really thank Tim, I really appreciated the help.. Clara was wondering if she still had her job..lol

And Congrats Mike on an Awesome season, I think we can both be proud... And thanks Jimmy for the sauce... I will be trying it very soon...

BTW Tim, thanks for thinking I can cook... But, I don't think I have seen anybody cook as much as you.. You were cooking almost the whole time.. Clara saw the leftovers, and asked if you were going to be the cook from now on..

Congrats on a job well done and another good showing for a "Brethren" Team.

The real question is: Can Kevin Cook? Maybe I should ask Tim...

Congrats Guys!!!!!!!

You make us (me) proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to wash dishes. I want to turn in. I want to pick up after the rest of the crew. I want to learn!!!!!!!!
Just need to retire from my present position, so I can do that!!!!!!

I’m jealous!!!!!!!!!!!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Back