• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Well, I jumped on the bandwagon.

Coat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Needed something to do small cooks, haul places easily, and to cook on when I don't have time to shovel coals all day but still crave that pit flavor of fat dropping on coals. So--I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered a PBC Junior. Hope the flavor is similar to my cinder block pit.

Great choice! I picked one recently and it's as good if not better than the PBC. Solid cooker for it's size.

Six rack of baby back ribs in less than 4 hours for NYE.

EqtSn0Bh.jpg

MBrFdzLh.jpg

Tiny enough to fit in a prius

ZSt2vsRh.jpg

I did quite a few cooks on it already

4 chicken halves, STL rack and a fatty

Cgpp76nh.jpg

c41oaNYh.jpg

YBtaxLIh.jpg

GmGaqxXh.jpg

25bGRDFh.jpg

JUfLgNhh.jpg

ic2HG34h.jpg

cl7Eo8ah.jpg

eqh6C4jh.jpg

Dxr6rpzh.jpg

Whats a Junior? I thought a PBC was already Juniorish.......

A new 14"-er Smitty. It's a badarse cooker for it's size. IMO the smaller circumference and only 1" 1/2 shorter in height than the original PBC provides for a better draft. Not that PBC is any worse but to me the J drafts better. Kinda like haveing a tall, wide stack on an offset. It pulls better.

Great choice! I picked one recently and it's as good if not better than the PBC. Solid cooker for it's size.

Six rack of baby back ribs in less than 4 hours for NYE:::I did quite a few cooks on it already

]

I just wanna see done pics of that corn !!

I think I want one as well. The size is just too perfect. Would be so easy to take places. I'm a little freaked out about not being able to control temps on these PBCs though. But I recognize that plenty of people swear by them and just let them do what they're gonna do.

I think I want one as well. The size is just too perfect. Would be so easy to take places. I'm a little freaked out about not being able to control temps on these PBCs though. But I recognize that plenty of people swear by them and just let them do what they're gonna do.
You will have no problems with a PBC. THey kick AZZZ!

so...if you adjust the intake do you ruin this cooker? do temps go crazy?
i am thinking that you could add a therm and adjust the intake like any other cooker. what am i missing???

i am thinking that you could add a therm and adjust the intake like any other cooker. what am i missing???

You can do all that, if you want. You just don’t “need” to.
I’ve seen some PBC’ that look like robot on lost in space. Mine is stock . I bought a thermometer for it years ago. It’s still in the desk.

I get that they market it as a sort of set it and forget it, but I'm confused why the manufacturer or someone else doesn't offer an optional adjustable intake door with a handle that you can easily adjust like any other smoker. Would certainly buy that.

I get that they market it as a sort of set it and forget it, but I'm confused why the manufacturer or someone else doesn't offer an optional adjustable intake door with a handle that you can easily adjust like any other smoker. Would certainly buy that.

They do- It’s called Hunsaker-Gateway-WSM etc

Back