MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #16
OEF5
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaster View Post
Looks like the middle right piece got smudged with your fingers before you sauced it. I would still give it a 8-9. I would thin out the sauce just a tad and sauce the bones. It looks better. Taking pics is the best way to find your mistakes and improve your appearance.
Thanks for your service leatherneck!

Also thank you all for comments. Detail is usually something I'm good at you all are right on the right middle leg, it fell over in the smoke and the bark came off.

This is all a learning thing and it makes me feel we are on the right track with scores you all are giving and this will make us better when it's for real

[URL="https://m.facebook.com/groups/458082244542914"]Jakesville Farm[/URL]
OEF5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2017, 08:28 PM   #17
pdiller81173
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

ClaytonSmoke - I agree that I would have given those an 8 or 9 for appearance. They look appetizing. Thats the main thing I look for and was taught. Do I want to eat them. And it shouldn't matter if it is legs, thighs, wings, etc. Does it look good. I think it does. One item that may mark it down a little for me, is that the sauce (could be from the pic) looks a little heavy handed. Seeing the meat is a better gauge for me than a lot of sauce.

OEF5 - Looking at your box and the replies above, I agree with most of them. Just don't use an illegal garnish and I don't care what it is when I judge. What I do notice that isn't as appetizing to me for appearance is the bone colors. They are vastly different and seeing them aren't appetizing to me. Some are dark, some are light. What about trying to put a little sauce or something on the bone also just to keep a nice consistent sheen and color? I admit I have not judged lollypop ones in a contest yet, so this is just a guess and my opinion.
pdiller81173 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from:--->