Brined and Wrapped?

Killersmoke

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering what you all do with your pulled pork. What I typically do is cook at 225-250 for 4 hours or so than wrap in saran wrap and tinfoil and cook the rest in the oven.

I know some of you must use this similar method my question is do you guys wrap your butts in saran directly on the meat or just use it as a cover in what tray your cooking it in. Also I know there are threads out there talking about brining your butts but with this method is it necessary? Does it help with moisture? Thanks for your input!

Brining butts? I know a lot of people inject them but I don't think many people brine them.

Killer, it beats me as to why anyone would brine a Butt!Doesn't need it,and when left in the smoker till it's done will give you better Bark.

This is what works for me; I start by developing a nice Ember Bed to cook with and add little pieces of wood as needed.

I hold my temp at 225*f and DO NOT OPEN the LID of MY SMOKER until my calculated time is done.I then pull on the bone and if it slides out easily I will then wrap in foil and rest a few minutes.

As for the wrapping, do the meat not the pan, or all your juices will leak out , then wrap with foil and go on about the way you do.The plastic will not melt with the foil over it,so onward...

Hey guys just wondering what you all do with your pulled pork. What I typically do is cook at 225-250 for 4 hours or so than wrap in saran wrap and tinfoil and cook the rest in the oven.

I know some of you must use this similar method my question is do you guys wrap your butts in saran directly on the meat or just use it as a cover in what tray your cooking it in. Also I know there are threads out there talking about brining your butts but with this method is it necessary? Does it help with moisture? Thanks for your input!

Why do yo not cook it til it is done on the cooker/smoker???? :confused::confused::confused::shock:

I typically do the butt all the way on the smoker but for things like farmers markets and fairs that I have to feed people by 9 I typically will smoke from 8-midnight than put in oven.

Why do yo not cook it til it is done on the cooker/smoker???? :confused::confused::confused::shock:

So do you typically not wrap your butts with seran? If you did would your wrap it in seran and put back in the smoker?

Killer, it beats me as to why anyone would brine a Butt!Doesn't need it,and when left in the smoker till it's done will give you better Bark.

This is what works for me; I start by developing a nice Ember Bed to cook with and add little pieces of wood as needed.

I hold my temp at 225*f and DO NOT OPEN the LID of MY SMOKER until my calculated time is done.I then pull on the bone and if it slides out easily I will then wrap in foil and rest a few minutes.

As for the wrapping, do the meat not the pan, or all your juices will leak out , then wrap with foil and go on about the way you do.The plastic will not melt with the foil over it,so onward...

I have never felt the need to brine a butt and I always let them go on the smoker until they are done, creates great bark that when pulled mixes in the tender stuff for great flavor.

I have never felt the need to brine a butt and I always let them go on the smoker until they are done, creates great bark that when pulled mixes in the tender stuff for great flavor.
Passed by unanimous vote. KISS

Back