Every seen a 26 pound/bone-in brisket?!?

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score

So my buddy Troy just posted a video of this 26 pound Bone-in brisket we cooked together about a week ago. The thing is a monster. Biggest one I've ever seen. We smoked it for 24 hours on his Yoder offset except for a little bit of time (you'll see in the video...i won't ruin it.)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy8WArtrPUk&t=1s"]Bone-in Beef Brisket on Offset Smoker - YouTube[/ame]

Like I said, this isn't my video. It's Troy's but I thought I'd share in case you guys are interested. For the record, he's a great guy and has been really supportive of me both publicly (like letting me jump in with him in videos like this) and privately (we text a lot.)

Seems like a waste of some good beef back ribs and some nice potential for bark on the topside of the ribs, and the underside of the brisket.

Great video Guys. Did not know you could mix ribs beef ribs with brisket into one cut. That all looks Crazy Good!

great Videos.
That looks worth doing, Chewing on those bones.:hungry:
I have to try that, challenge would be getting the Bone in Brisket down here

I was watching that earlier today and sent Troy a text telling him Y'all were killing me and making me crazy hungry!!! lol

That looked great.

thanks for posting, when I was in central Texas I was told that many years ago, bone in was the only way you got brisket, I had never seen one before.

Wait, is your name Justin again? I thought it was changed to Jason the last time you made a joint video.

As for the meat, I think there are some good reasons why ribs and briskets are usually separated.

thanks for posting, when I was in central Texas I was told that many years ago, bone in was the only way you got brisket, I had never seen one before.

Yeah, me neither. Troy has sources but I'm not sure how I'd get one otherwise. It was cool experience though.

Back