• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Daytona Beach

sfisch

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Wife and I are flying into Orlando May 2 and driving to Daytona Beach until the 9th. Any suggestions and recommendations in the area or reasonable drive away?

Thanks
Scott

If you mean touristy type things:

1. The restored lighthouse at Ponce Inlet is nice. It's only a short drive south from Daytona. http://www.ponceinlet.org/

2. St. Augustine, north of Daytona and south of Jacksonville is a doable drive. Olde Town is pretty neat as is the "fort".

3. For food: Shell's on Daytona Beach is pretty good. Funky decor, decent food, and good service

4. Cape Canaveral/Kennedy Space Center is a good day trip and pretty close by.

5. Daytona International Speedway: they have a museum and inter-active stuff.

6. The Harley dealership: Bruce Rossmeyer's HD/Buell is a pretty neat stop. He's building quite a resort/destination stop.

And of course, Disney, Universal, etc. are less than an hour away in Orlando.

Chad,
thanks for the info, I was mainly interested in places to eat, guess I should have put that in there!

Scott

I kinda figured you were asking about food, but then I live down here. I don't go to Daytona Beach for food...bikes, yes; beer, yes; babes, looking only (and only when the spouse isn't around); racing, yes...food - way down on the list. There are a lot of local places within 30 minutes of "the beach" but I have no real recommendations. Sorry!

Robbie Oconells pub. I cant remember where it is located, thats how good it was

Back