Chuckies

• Thread starter The Pickled Pig
  • Start date
T

The Pickled Pig

I cooked a few chuckies up for the folks at the office. They turned out great.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

looks great. How long did you cook them and to what temp?

looks great. How long did you cook them and to what temp?

I cooked them for 16 hours at 225F grate temp. I was using a Guru with the WSM so there was virtually no temp variation throughout the cook. I did take them off temporarily to add the braising liquid and foil them when they hit 170F internal. I took them off the cooker at just over 200F internal and let them rest for a few hours before pulling.

Sweet photos! Man, I'm sitting here at work at 5am, and you're making me hungry...:lol:

Im with Cabntmkr1 I am also sitting at work now very hungry

Smoke on brother

looking good. im leaning towards doing these for tacos for my 30th b-day bash on the 15th. might have helped me seal the deal. what rub did ya use on em? im thinking of using some fajita rub on the ones im gonna do for tacos, along with pico and corn/flour tortillas with beans rice and salsa.

First of all..Looking Good!!

What did you slather them with before the rub? And what rub did you use...

Oh man! Smoked Chuck is my favorite and those look incredible!!

I did not use a slather this time. Just a rub. Fairly simple ... 2 parts Kosher salt, 2 parts plain sugar, 1 part chili powder, 1 part ground cumin, 1 part freshly ground black pepper and a little secret spice.

Chuckies looked great - like'em on samdwiches, taco or nachos. Hoped everyone enjoyed!
Fatdaddy - we're almost the same age - I'll be 57 on the 15th:confused:

Injected with and marinaded in Fab B for about 4 hours. I used Jim Baldridge's for the rub.

Back