Little OK Joe's?

vr6Cop

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the little Oklahoma Joe's grill? I found one on Nashville Craigslist for $40. It looks pretty solid and might make a decent grill, but this is the first time I've seen one this little.

Fairly certain that the grill space is 16x16. Seems to be the size of a firebox.

I think that it sounds like a cool little grill. I would buy it.

I have the next size up (30x16). I like using it to grill. With this size I can cook direct or somewhat indirect. The end of the cylinder opens, so it's easy to move the coals around as needed.

The price sounds about right.

Oh, if it's like mine, it's 3/8th inch.

I have the next size up (30x16). I like using it to grill. With this size I can cook direct or somewhat indirect. The end of the cylinder opens, so it's easy to move the coals around as needed.

The price sounds about right.

Oh, if it's like mine, it's 3/8th inch.

Are they really cast iron, or just a thick steel pipe? I've had welders tell me you can't weld cast iron and those appear to have welds on them.

steel pipe - Here's Horizon's site, Roger is Joe's brother
http://www.horizonbbqsmokers.com/index.html

The high temp paint costs $6, not sure how much charcoal is coming with it. But figure the grill is only $30 at most with those. I think I paid $60 for the 30" one I have and I needed to sand it and paint it.

Back