My new Carolina HOG PIT has arrived!!! - Food Pron included!

neuyawk

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
See all photos HERE

20130518_090453.jpg

Some you may remember that a few weeks back some farker(s) stole my "smaller" pit. Of course this has to happen before summer busy season :shock:

Now when I started this whole BBQ journey, I could have been reasonable and just strove to be the king of Ribs, or the champion of butts, or jump on the brisket bandwagon. But noooooooooooes (sarcastic), I needed to be an idiot and specialize in hogs. Well that needs particular equipment and that equipment got rolled away :doh:

But now I once again have a proper Carolina pit. This one is all the more sexy as I got the barn doors. The previous one was KILLING my back.

It's got this nifty handle on the side for me to flip the hog without a partner. (again saves my back)

As you can see I did a "little" cookout to season her :mrgreen::mrgreen:

So Brethren! Welcome with me my new smoker --> FAT SALLY!!! (my wife & buddies gave her the name)

Just in time for my summer events!!

img_20130518_141408.jpg

20130518_104651.jpg

Fat Sally looks awesome I would love to see picture or video of you guys loading the hot coals into her.

Fat Sally looks awesome I would love to see picture or video of you guys loading the hot coals into her.

I'm gonna have to shoot a video. Someone did take a photo of me loading coals but all you really see is a bald head and glowing orange embers. Give me a sec I'll see if I can add it to my blog post.

WAY cool.:cool:

Y'alls overalls are too clean though. Which of them fellers is you?:becky:

We only break them out for gags. I normally against the better advice of intelligent people, shovel coal in cargo shorts & flip flops.

I'm the ugly farker holding the shovel :mrgreen:

Very cool. Is that a heat diffuser plate in between the coal pans an cooking grate?

Great looking rig there!

Now just gotta get you some steel toe boots to go with them overhauls.

I always thought that the fat dripping on the coals was the main taste signature in whole hog bbq. Would the diffuser plate change that?

Back