MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

Default Wet Saturday Pork Rib Roast

Well, the weather is pretty nasty in the Houston area today. Texans kick off in an hour and it is probably a 50/50 proposition of whether they will win today, or even play well. With that in mind, I am going to brave the elements and smoke a rib roast. Was going to use the UDS, but decided to use the Primo instead (poor me). Going to put is on around kickoff and have it ready by the end of the game.

Also going to smoke some almonds later. Making a batch of liquid gold right now (garlic infused olive oil, which I use on just about everything).

Waiting for the smoke to clean up and the roast has been seasoned and getting happy since early this am.

Rec Tec 590 Stampede, Primo Oval XL, Weber 26" Kettle with Gabby Grills Santa Maria attachment. Lonestargrillz 42" pellet grill on order.

Last edited by chingador; 11-27-2020 at 04:19 PM..
chingador is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

the roast is on the pit and the olive oil is out of the oven. I roast garlic cloves in olive oil for about an hour at 325 or until the garlic is golden color, take out of the oven, allow to cool, then strain the solids and bottle the oil. The garlic cloves can be saved for other recipes. The oil is awesome. I use on steaks, fish, chicken, vegetables, or just about anything else. Good stuff.

Roast is on the pit.

Rec Tec 590 Stampede, Primo Oval XL, Weber 26" Kettle with Gabby Grills Santa Maria attachment. Lonestargrillz 42" pellet grill on order.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
Oldbob
is One Chatty Farker

Lookin Good...I need to try that Olive/Garlic Oil Trick...Thanks !!
Weber Gasser Genesis Silver A
Pit Barrel Cooker
Maverick ET-732
VietNam Veteran US Navy
May you Sleep in Peace always...and Please....Thank a Veteran for That Privilege!!
Oldbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
BBQ_Steve
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Lookin' good. It is a nasty day in Houston and hopefully the Texans will pull it off. Have a small brisket going while watching the game.

Weber Performer
Oklahoma Joe Offset
Masterbuilt 40
BBQ_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

came out really good. Smoked until the dead center hit 140, glazed and took to 145, pulled and rested. Was very juicy and delicious. Not the last time I cook one of these. Almonds are on the smoker right now.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice!
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #7
Captain Dave
is one Smokin' Farker

No one cares about the almonds

Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 AM   #8
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

very nice looking rib roast!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #9
Texas Turtle
Take a breath!

So, whereabouts in the Houston SMSA did you find that cut of pork? I have been looking all over and I can't find anything like that. All they have is a bone-in pork loin, which has the tenderloin removed. I am looking for something like what they serve at Perry's steakhouse. They call it a pork chop, but what it is is a 3-bone pork rib roast.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #10
campdude
Babbling Farker

Very nice looking pork roast.
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Turtle View Post
So, whereabouts in the Houston SMSA did you find that cut of pork? I have been looking all over and I can't find anything like that. All they have is a bone-in pork loin, which has the tenderloin removed. I am looking for something like what they serve at Perry's steakhouse. They call it a pork chop, but what it is is a 3-bone pork rib roast.
I got it at Costco on I-10 and Bunker Hill. Not a terribly long run from Fulshear as Houston standards go. Yes, I have eaten at Perry's several times and have had the pork chop. This is the exact same thing as far as I can tell. Very flavorful. Just make sure you take off of the pit before the internal goes past 150.