MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #46
Trumpstylz
is One Chatty Farker

I drink it every day. Sometimes I use baking soda and sometimes I don't.

I drink a ton of it, so I use luzianne or lipton family sized tea bags and I use 1/2 regular and 1/2 decaf or some variation of that (I drink so much of it that I really try to limit all that caffeine).

If you do add sugar, do it while the water is hot. I prefer to use equal sweetener (some use splenda or sweet n low). I fill a one liter cup (32 oz) with ice to the brim, then add 4-6 equal packets depending on how sweet I want it.

Sometimes instead of sweetener I just add lemon or lime (lemons are $$), but never sweetener and lemon or lime.

Last edited by Trumpstylz; 06-14-2012 at 06:58 PM..
Trumpstylz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #47
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Go into a restaurant in the South. If they don't have sweet tea, they are probably a chain. We've been using Luzzianne as long as I can remember.

One good thing we do is thin slice orange into it instead of lemons. Peel and all. Gives it a Great flavor.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #48
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Go into a restaurant in the South. If they don't have sweet tea, they are probably a chain.
Except in New Orleans!!! Don't know why, but as geographically south as New Orleans is, for some reason there are many restaurants that only make unsweet. In fact, I would say that more often than not, I am told only unsweet in N.O. restaurants. Crazy as it sounds, I have actually come across non sweet tea drinkers, that don't even like the fact that its on the menu.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #49
NBBD
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Tea is like cornbread. I don't put sugar in it either...
Agreed.... I will have a small bit of sweet tea when in the south, but prefer unsweetened brewed with a bit of salt and maybe some fresh mint... Much more refreshing...

Sweet tea leaves me feeling thirsty...
NBBD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #50
Happy Hapgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBBD View Post
Agreed.... I will have a small bit of sweet tea when in the south, but prefer unsweetened brewed with a bit of salt and maybe some fresh mint... Much more refreshing...

Sweet tea leaves me feeling thirsty...
Y'all ain't from around here, are ya?
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #51
Happy Hapgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Dat View Post
Except in New Orleans!!! Don't know why, but as geographically south as New Orleans is, for some reason there are many restaurants that only make unsweet. In fact, I would say that more often than not, I am told only unsweet in N.O. restaurants. Crazy as it sounds, I have actually come across non sweet tea drinkers, that don't even like the fact that its on the menu.
That's why I don't go to the big city