Hammondsport,NY Smoke On the Water BBQ Competition

R

Rocco05

Congratulations to Back Ally BBQ for taking 1st place in brisket at the 1st Annual HFD's Smoke On the Water BBQ Competition! All great time was had by all.

We didn't place as well, but we always learn from our mistakes, enjoy some great food, and meet lots of nice folks! It's worth every minute of preparation.

I didn't turn in our PP with the mustard sauce, but I put some on some of our crowd samples, as well as red sauce. Many folks that have never had a mustard sauce were able to try it and liked it.

crowd samples? did they make you go through the whole board of health shiz? i would love to hand out samples, but it's usually not kosher.

crowd samples? did they make you go through the whole board of health shiz? i would love to hand out samples, but it's usually not kosher.

Health regulations may depend on areas. Everything we served to the crowd was fresh and hot and it didn't last long. Crowds love free food. I know what you mean though. Sometimes the regulations can go a bit too far. I believe that we competitors should follow good food handling practices and not serve food that has been sitting out too long (without using a food warmer). We don't want anyone to get sick.

We were there. Our first comp. It was a blast! First in chicken and 4th ribs. butt and brisket not so well. But all in all a great time. I'm hooked.

Smoke on the water 2012

The 2012 Smoke on the Water BBQ is next month. This will be my first competition with a good buddy who just won ribs few a months earlier in a nearby competition. Anyone else from the Brethren going to be there?

Back