MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #76
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Outstanding!
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #77
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbird View Post
I know it would be expensive, but it would be an interesting experiment to intentionally leave some on after a well tuned expert said "it is done" and see exactly how long the window actually IS low and slow to hot and fast. The perception from the neophyte perspective is that you hone only seconds to spare when it is done. If you KNEW that you had 30-45 minutes HNF and an hour or two low and slow....well then you could chill a bit :-).

The frequency the old hands check at gives some "feel for this"..........."check every 30 minutes after the IT hits 200f, pull when it probes like butter".

But if you cook HNF like some do, say 300, wrap in butcher paper after the first 4 hours, then check at some interval until it probes done, what happens if you leave it on an extra hour AFTER it probes done ??

Bill
Your Windows of time seem spot on to me. I have been on the anti "feels like butta" wagon for a while.
Hawg Father of Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #78
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I like the probe method, as it allows for every variable but one, my own skill in using it. No matter which cut of meat, how tender the steer, how hot I am cooking, how humud it is, it always comes down to the feel.

Now, I can lift a brisket and have a pretty good idea if it is done, there are cues. But, the probe is cheap, battery free insurance. I think if you are cooking hot and fast, you have at least an hour to pull a decent brisket. Thus, no need to get weird for at least 30 minutes.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote