MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
RustyPup
Got Wood.

Default First Fatty on the OTS - Pr0n!

Ok, I said it before, and I'll say it again - YOU. GUYS. ROCK!

Just in perusing this forum, I've learned to control the temp of my Weber OTS so much better than I ever could before. I saw all the fatty recipes floating around and decided to go the simple route for my first. Fresh ground sausage from our local store, cheddar, mushrooms, roasted garlic, and a little bit of BBQ sauce inside, a sprinkle of S&P on the outside, then about a 2 1/2 hour journey through the OTS at a rock steady 250° with a fist-sized hunk of hickory.

I did depart from tradition just a little though. As you can tell by the photos, we have one of those high-speed, low-drag, everybody-needs-one, "As Seen on TV" meatloaf pans (with the removable tray, with the holes in it.) I went ahead and put the fatty on that for the cook, and it made handling it so much easier.

As you can see by the pics, it was outstanding!

Thanks very much, Brethren! This was awesome stuff!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fatty 1.jpg (54.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Fatty 2.jpg (77.8 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg Fatty 3.jpg (89.9 KB, 82 views)

Thanks from:--->

Old 05-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
1911Ron
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

Looks good to me

Old 05-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
JohnHB
is one Smokin' Farker

Great job. I like the meat loaf pan. It is my view that if one adds a few more ingredients such as a small quantity of breadcrumbs as if one were trying to make a cross between a straight sausage fatty and a moist meat loaf, then the end product is likely to be better. Your pan would help this process.
John

Old 05-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
ThatOneDude
Knows what a fatty is.

Looks great!
ThatOneDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
BobM
Babbling Farker

Looks great, I love fattys!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote