Great Deal on NY Strip

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
This is why I live in Iowa. Fareway grocery stores has Whole NY Strip on sale for $3.99, cut to order. I had half of it cut into 2 roasts and the rest into 1" steaks. There were 8 steaks. I put it all in the freezer for now.

Attachments

• IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 112
my local raleys and costco does this from time to time. You have to buy the whole thing(im sure they would slice it if i asked). Always a good idea to stock up on steaks.
kris

select or choice? several places around here have been selling select or even ungraded whole NY strips for really cheap...as low as 2.99, don't buy them though.

I don't know what grade it was, but this store is know for selling the best meat for a chain. I have not had bad pieces of meat from this store. The guy at the meat counter cut it in front of me and it looked great to me. When I pull out the steaks I will post a picture and let everyone decide.

Fareway is always choice or better.

Did you stock up on butts and chicken quarters last Friday? Hy-Vee had both on sale last week and Fareway, as always, matched the price. Their Sanderson Farms chicken quarters are big, close to a pound each.

For those outside of their trade area, Fareway Stores are known for their meat department; none of their fresh beef or pork is prepackaged. No enhanced pork here.

If you want a top sirloin cut 2" thick, they'll pull a loin primal out of the cryo and cut one for you. You can buy one slice of bacon if that's all you want. Everything is wrapped in butcher paper and ready for the freezer.

Yea, I'm a fan...

Chris

Just stopped by costco today and they have the big new york strips roast(slice it yourself and its new your strips) for 4.50/lb. Cant go wrong when you see quality beef under 5.00

Back