Since you are only 40 miles down the road I understand! Too many folk set in their ways around here who will NOT try anything new.

Here's the ribs when I hit with sauce.

a25cbe85.jpg

566fc4b8.jpg

I first read that as 'here are the ribs when I first hit the sauce' :becky:

You do have big MOINK balls for posting that on here. I would consider this kinda like a scooter, they are fun to ride but you don't tell your friends about it!

My in-laws are here for a play my daughter is in tonight. My wife was hesitant to have me smoke something since my FIL is a picky eater.

I DO get to smoke a turkey breast tomorrow (Thanks Saiko!), but for today, I had to make do with fake ribs in the oven.

I tried this recipe last year (before I came upon this site and built my UDS) and he flipped over them. I now know this is BBQ blasphemy, but I get to eat ribs and my wife is allowing the turkey tomorrow.

Step 1 (avert your eyes):

Parboil :tsk: with celery seed, kosher salt, garlic, and black pepper.

8878932f.jpg

Step 2 (Prepping for the oven, not the smoker. Still hit it with some rub, though.):

0e4e23f3.jpg

cb5fa14a.jpg

Step 3 Foil the roasting pan and stick in the oven for about 5 hours (I know, seems like overkill, but they come out fall-apart tender)

93f20fa3.jpg

More pics to follow. I KNOW how bad this is, so please, do not take me to task. Light-hearted ribbing is also expected. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Tell the truth... those boiled ribs are for you, aren't they? :shocked:

1. Great guy for listening to your wifey? And trying to accommodate your in-law's picky behaviors.
2. They don't look that bad and the seasonings sound promising.
3. Worst comes to worst...throw some liquid smoke in the pan and WA-LA smoked ribs. Yikes...might get lynched for that..oops!

I feel your pain....I had a request from MIL to burn her burger one time( I will cook until done but will not burn on purpose). The turkey breast will be your redemption!!

Pitmaster Donnie T??? Is this your evil alter ego posting? Say it ain't so....

In all seriousness, I once posted that I liked the McRib and almost got run out of here. My answer was simple. It's not Que, I know that, but it tastes good and that is merely a reflection of ones personal opinion. Something that no man should ever try to take away from you. Next time do half and half though, he'll come around.

OK. The first time I looked at this thread I saw "boil" and then ran away. Upon further review, those look like "country style" ribs and not really ribs at all. I feel a little better about this now. :p

Yes, these were country "ribs." fall apart tender and the FIL raved about 'em.

Turkey is in honey brine. Cannot wait for tomorrow!

Jeff See

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yes, these were country "ribs." fall apart tender and the FIL raved about 'em.

Turkey is in honey brine. Cannot wait for tomorrow!

Jeff See

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ya did good Jeff. :thumb: :)

ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

turkey sounds awesome. i still haven't smoked my own yet.

Good on you for trying to keep peace in the household. The pig didn't care as soon as he got put in cryovac. It's just good fun for the rest of us.

I totally get it. Glad you decided to keep the peace.

Some people are stuck in their stubborn ways. Boiling ribs, liquid smoke, etc.... So sad.

Back