MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
markG
On the road to being a farker

Default Mohegan Sun People's Choice payment

Am I the only team that has not received payment for the peoples choice at Mohegan Sun a month ago? I sent several emails to Samantha and got replies until my last NICE email a week ago.

I sent off a not so nice email about an hour ago. This was a great competition and I did very well. It sucks that they are going to ruin it by not paying off as promised.

Anyone else in the same boat?
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]
KCBS, MABA Meadow Creek CD-108,
Backwoods Extended Party, 2 BBQ Guru Onyx Ovens
Thanks to our sponsors, 3 Eyz BBQ, The Ingredient Store, The BBQ Guru
markG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
Slamdunkpro
Babbling Farker

I didn't realize that the resort handled all the money transactions. How did they keep track? tickets or something? Did you count yours?
Spicewine Tandem - "The Beast"
, 2 Vulcan V33's & 1 V9
Brinkman modified upright, Weber Kettle(s); Meadow Creek Pr-24, Super Stealth Mode black & Night Vision Red Thermopens
-----------------
MABA - (Mid Atlantic BBQ Association) President
KCBS Certified Judge - #23289
Slamdunkpro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
tomnstac
Got Wood.

Mark,
I just got an email stating they were cutting my check and sending it today. I had to update some gaming commission info for them first. It should be there in a day or two. Otherwise, nice comp!!
FEC100, Backwoods Party, Abe's Smoker 48"
1 Large BGE, Reverse flow Trailer with 2 Meadow Creek BBQ 42's on front. Big Thank You to our sponsors: BBQ Equipment Store, Maverick, Royal Oak, Head Country, BBQer's Delight & Work Sharp
tomnstac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
markG

Mike Fay, they gave each team a smoky plexiglass box and patrons paid in tickets. 2 for each sample. At the end of each day they collected and counted them. Pretty cool concept actually.

Tom, I just chatted with Leo at Mohegan and I think that I am squared away now as well. This was an outstanding competition and the only problem was getting this PC payment. From what I was told, now that we are in the system, there will not be a problem in the future. I hope not because this would be just about the only competition that I want to do up that way.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
Big Ugly's BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by markG View Post
this would be just about the only competition that I want to do up that way.
If you would have followed my directions and not the GPS, you wouldn't have had any problems.........lol!!! Laughing with you, not at you, I didnt get home til 1:30am.

That accident on the I-95 bridge in Old Sayersville happened right before I went across, had to move for the EMS, pretty bad one, crotch-rocket decided to go down under a minivan......then there was 4-car chain reaction going in the other direction.......heard the backup was almost 20 miles for southbound I-95

Old 07-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #6
markG

Youch! Chris my trip was one for the record books!