• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Grill "Fried" Hotttt Chicken Sandwich

Did you use an egg wash before the flour and panko? Indirect cook the whole time? Very curious because I am going to make this soon! Mouth is watering

Did you use an egg wash before the flour and panko? Indirect cook the whole time? Very curious because I am going to make this soon! Mouth is watering

Yup! Egg wash, seasoned hot flour and panko. Indirect all the way with Slow n Sear loaded full and piping hot. Weber dome thermometer read 500* + directly over the fire.

Just make sure you do not run out of inventory,like some folk's (Popeye's) have been known to do.If you want to unseat the King,have enough "soldiers" to finish the battle. Dumbasses!!!! :doh::confused::confused: Only go to war if you are prepared to WIN!!!

Well, apparently you can bring your own bun to Popeye's and they'll supply the chicken so you can make your own at the restaurant. :laugh: Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Ok, you inspired me. Tonight I did a version of this. Chicken was seasoned with hot paprika, garlic, pepper and salt. Then floured and dredged in buttermilk and egg then into panko.

Indirect high heat on Weber, brushed on some Nashville hot oil mixture halfway through.

Sandwich had hot buffulo sauce with coleslaw and pickle on it.

It was glorious. I forgot to take pictures. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ok, you inspired me. Tonight I did a version of this. Chicken was seasoned with hot paprika, garlic, pepper and salt. Then floured and dredged in buttermilk and egg then into panko.

Indirect high heat on Weber, brushed on some Nashville hot oil mixture halfway through.

Sandwich had hot buffulo sauce with coleslaw and pickle on it.

It was glorious. I forgot to take pictures. Thanks for the inspiration!

Glad to hear. :thumb: They do come fantastic as you now know and you actually nailed it.

Back