THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Captain Ron
The Second Annual BBQ Brethren Greater Chicago Area Summer Gathering is on!

Sunday, July 19th

Columbia Woods
8618 Willow Springs Rd
Willow Springs, IL, 60480

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...2!3m1!1s0x880e47d1e2868da7:0xcfc9b46d46795670

Located in Willow Springs, on the west side of Wentworth Avenue east of Archer Avenue, Columbia Woods has one picnic grove. Popular for picnics, this preserve has a canoe landing and access to the four-mile unpaved Yellow trail and more than 9 miles of Red and Black paved trail, part of the Centennial and I & M Canal Trail System. Alcohol is allowed in this preserve.

I have booked the shelter for all day (7am to 7pm) but feel free to come whenever you are available!

Please reply in this thread if you are able to make it and how many people, and if you can bring a grill or smoker.

If you want to make a dish to share, please post what it is so we don't have too much of the same.

Please spread the word! The only thing I ask is that they are either members of the BBQ Brethren forum or be guests of a member!

Attendees:
Ron_L (2) - Just me :-D
ITBFQ Maybe (2+2) - MOINK Balls, WSM
T&S BBQ (2) - Mini
Neil (?) - Nuts
Stoke&Smoke (2?) - Kettle, Chex Mix, Low Country Boil
Slashorn - Ma Perry's Popcorn
wanthon58 (6-10) - Bullet smoker, Caesar Salad + ?
Teebody - 2, maybe 4
Cmohr74 (maybe)
grif054
Bob C Cue (2)
fwismoker (maybe)
arclite
Tskyrocket (maybe)
Bafco901
Neotrout (maybe 2)
Bbq n Brew
Eddie6
Rev0Jace (Maybe)
Superque

Last edited:
You tempt me so. I think you're the devil, sometimes. Is it hot in here?

You've figured me out :twisted: I'm going to keep this up until you and Red get your butts up here for one of our gatherings!

Or is that "get all y'all's butts up here"? :becky:

ITBFQ + Mrs. ITBFQ will be there, and our 2 boys. I'll bring my WSM and a bag of charcoal. I'll make MOINKs again.

Does anyone know if Imperial Oak Brewing is worth stopping into? I see that it is very close.

I will put it on the calendar. I leave for Canada at the end of that week and Mrs. Slashorn may have a honey-doo list.

If I can come, I will not likley be able to bring the grill, but I can certainly bring some Ma Perry's popcorn ... I will check back. It would be cool to see how the professionals operate.

We'll try and make it. I can bring a 22" kettle and a bag o charcoal. We'll bring something to share. Anybody like the idea of a low country boil?we make a pretty good bacon boyrbon chexmix too....and apple pie shots

We will be there for sure. Put me down for (2) and I'll bring my minnie. I'd like to bring the PCC, but don't want to leave it over night at a motel. Not sure what were cooking yet, let ya know later. Thanks for all your work

2015 Chicago Area gathering

Hello Ron- I am very interested in joining the Chicago area Bretheren, can you assist on that (add me to your Distribution List, etc.).

-I am waiting for confirmation on my Vacation dates, and (at this point) will come to the event, and if the dates work, i will Volunteer to help you.

thanks, Bafco901 (modified ECB and Egg on the way).

Hello Ron- I am very interested in joining the Chicago area Bretheren, can you assist on that (add me to your Distribution List, etc.).

-I am waiting for confirmation on my Vacation dates, and (at this point) will come to the event, and if the dates work, i will Volunteer to help you.

thanks, Bafco901 (modified ECB and Egg on the way).

Any time we plan a get together (usually January and summer) the info is posted in this forum, so check here.

Once you get you vacation dates worked out please post back in this thread if you can make it to this gathering.

Besides posting in that thread and here you can send PMs to folks who may be interested. That's what I do to let local folks know about our gatherings

Back