THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V-wiz

is Blowin Smoke!
I grilled some chicken on the grill last night (didn't have time for the smoker) and it came out pretty good, it was a bit of a PITA having the bacon wrapped around the chicken as it had a tendency to come off, i think ill use tooth picks next time. This thread is a continuation of this one http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130459. Anyways here are some pictures.

To begin i brined the chicken breast with the obvious water, salt and sugar, let it rest for 30min since i didnt have more time. Then i took the raw ingredient which are the chicken breast and apple wood smoker bacon. I also did some asparagus bathed in EVOO, salt and pepper.

k9we4o.jpg

Then wrapped it in the apple wood smoker bacon

314dkxt.jpg

Then onto the grill, if you notice i put some mesquite wood over the burners for some smoke flavor, i know it wont do a whole lot but its better than nothing.

14mf2ti.jpg

Cooking...

i6inu0.jpg

And where done. Used baguette bread, sprinkled EVOO inside of bread with black pepper and warmed it up on the grill. Applied some mayo, mustard and thats about it.

2iicuur.jpg

NICE!

But......errr.....you have SO much more self discipline than I if you can get by with only 3 grilled asparagus spears! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great-looking idea. Is that a rub on the chicken, or ? I'll forgo the toothpicks & use an SS skewer for 2-3 of these.

NICE!

But......errr.....you have SO much more self discipline than I if you can get by with only 3 grilled asparagus spears! :rolleyes:

Thanks alot all.. Lol i would have put more for the wife and i but thats all i had in the fridge, i thought i had more when i was picking up bacon guess not.

Back