• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooking a Pig on a Rotisserie

W

woopdeeedew

Next Sunday is my 3rd anual Fathers Day Pig Roast. This year I purchased a rotisserie online and will cook the pig like that. I have a 35lb pig and want to know if anybody can advise me on the following:
1. How long should this pig take to cook? (pig will be 12-16 inches above flanme)
2. Should I brine the pig the night before and if so, who has a recipe?
3. Who has a killer basting recipe?
4. Any stuffing ideas?

Thank you in advance for any and all help. Happy New Summer to you All!
JR-

Cook until the hams hit 185ish. Rotisserie will self baste. No brine but could inject.

It should take about 7-8 hours, keep the coals over to the sides to avoid flare-ups. I would stay way from stuffing, it will increase the cooking time.

Good luck!

I've rotisseried several pigs and the last one we stuffed with Vidalia onions and smoked sausage - turned out fantastic.

Feet on or off?

Would you folks cut the feet off or leave them on?

Thanks
Bert

Just a couple pointers, keep some heavy duty aluminum foil handy to wrap around any parts that start to burn. Also, plan on spending a good 20 minutes or so securing the pig to the spit and setting up your counter-balance. You don't want to have to keep stopping in the middle of your cook to dink with your setup.

P.S. I would cut off the feet. Your prob not going to eat them, and it's jsut one more thing you have to worry about flopping around when it starts getting late in teh cook and things start loosening up.

Back