עָטִין
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.


Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.


Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 05-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.


 
big brother smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-06
Location: Ventura, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Tablescapes

Welp, we all should be in the midst of catering season or approaching so as promised I am starting a tablescape thread. Please post pics of your tablescapes, so we can turn this thread into a sticky to help others get some ideas on presentation, etc. I will post a few to start the production.


Napkin display


A great way for guest to find their table


I love to layer linens next to an entree


This is my favorite way to showcase an entree or appetizer (just use a box underneath an extra linen)


More place settings


Displayed appetizers


Love vegetation under & around chafers


The draping bread basket technique
__________________
Peace and Smoke,
BBS

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous

"Walk with Us"
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
Bbq Bubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: New Baltimore, Mi.
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Nothing that nice but.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg McRitchie wedding 005.jpg (90.5 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg catering 031.jpg (61.3 KB, 249 views)
__________________
Pitmaster @ Lockharts BBQ
Beer Snob
I cook the best brisket north of Dallas. Get over it.
Northern midwest director for OBR
www.operationbbqrelief.com
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.


 
big brother smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-06
Location: Ventura, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
Nothing that nice but.....
Looks nice to me, Bubba! We all got to find our niche, Bro! Mine is just weddings. It is all about the Q and the Benjamins
__________________
Peace and Smoke,
BBS

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous

"Walk with Us"
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Countryhb
is One Chatty Farker
 
Countryhb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-11-07
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
Welp, we all should be in the midst of catering season or approaching so as promised I am starting a tablescape thread. Please post pics of your tablescapes, so we can turn this thread into a sticky to help others get some ideas on presentation, etc. I will post a few to start the production.
You're SO she-she NTTAWWT! The great thing about catering with BBS is that I get to BBQ and (s)he does the tablescapes. It's kinda like a match made in heaven
__________________
Jet Coatings Smokin' & Fishin' Crew
Vegetarian...Indian word meaning lousy hunter.
Did someone say ROAD TRIP?!?!
Kamado #7
BWS Party
NB offset with baffle and chimney mods--STOLEN
Double-barrel 55-gal drum smoker
A farking weed burner...hehe hehe! Fire's Cool!
Countryhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.


 
big brother smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-06
Location: Ventura, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryhb View Post
You're SO she-she NTTAWWT! The great thing about catering with BBS is that I get to BBQ and (s)he does the tablescapes. It's kinda like a match made in heaven

Two words: Pit Biatch
__________________
Peace and Smoke,
BBS

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous

"Walk with Us"
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
Countryhb
is One Chatty Farker
 
Countryhb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-11-07
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big brother smoke View Post
Two words: Pit Biatch
I think I feel a cold coming on for the 30th...cough, cough.
__________________
Jet Coatings Smokin' & Fishin' Crew
Vegetarian...Indian word meaning lousy hunter.
Did someone say ROAD TRIP?!?!
Kamado #7
BWS Party
NB offset with baffle and chimney mods--STOLEN
Double-barrel 55-gal drum smoker
A farking weed burner...hehe hehe! Fire's Cool!
Countryhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
LostNation
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 12-15-05
Location: Essex Jct. Vermont
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

I love this thread, I'm inspired by what I see that BBS does with his tables.

I try to stay away from weddings, I think the excitation's are more then I can deliver.

On the May 30th weekend I'm doing a wedding for 100 with a 13 item menu. Later in the evening I'm dropping off for 25 then on Sunday we have a party for 50 to do, just ribs and beans.

Here are a couple of mine that I've posted before.



I know there's no food out yet. On the left behind the plates is a wooden rack for the napkins and plastic ware. The first two black bowls have slaw and a type of potato salad. I serve beans in a 16" iron skillet. Next was corn with the butter in the tan bowels. Then buns pork and brisket. On the end I put a "carving station" to cut the ribs. Everything I do is self serve.



Same picture different angle before carving station. My chafing dishes are the cheap ones from Equippers with the plastic handles changes out with ones from Lowe's.



This was for a golf tournament, you can see the plastic holder and carving station.(The plastic holder was made with the left over cedar from the Adirondack chairs that I built)



BTW, the beers weren't mine!!! I do a few things a season at this golf course, It's owned bu my teammate and closest friend.
__________________
Rich Decker
www.lostnationvt.com
LostNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
Marsha
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 07-09-08
Location: Watsonville, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

I love seeing how everyone does their tablescapes. Except for Food Network's Sandra Lee, that is

I will have to post some pics later.

Thank you for starting this BBS
__________________
Rollin' Smoke BBQ - West
Marsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
C Rocke
is One Chatty Farker
 
C Rocke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-29-07
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryhb View Post
I think I feel a cold coming on for the 30th...cough, cough.
Don't get sick - Maybe I can help you feel better - A little better pay with a shorter commute...

hehehe
__________________
Rancho To Go BBQ Catering
Spicewine BBQs - West (Left) Coast
Large Spicewine - Ol' Blue
Twitter - @ranchoagogo @ranchotogobbq
www.ranchotogobbq.com
C Rocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 06:32 AM   #10
tony76248
is One Chatty Farker
 
tony76248's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Very nice jobs ya'll!
__________________
"Grilla in the Pits" "IMAGRILLA"

There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to the mashed potatoes.

Brinkmann Model 6668 Gasser
Hibachi Grill
Stumps GF223 w/ Stoker assist
ECB that wins the $
Weber One-Touch Gold 22-1/2"
#3 Komono
Large BGE w/ Stoker assist
55 gallon Drum Smoker
Wood Crate Cold smoker w/ smoke injector
No need for certification, I already know good BBQ!
tony76248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #11
early mornin' smokin'
is One Chatty Farker
 
Join Date: 10-06-08
Location: wading river, ny
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

both look great, keep up the good work.
__________________
L trailer spicewine, webers, 2-26.75's, performer, heineken 22 1/2, 7 level pro-q 20 excel
early mornin' smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

 
swamprb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-27-06
Location: Bothell WA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

I just cooked the meats for my son's Frat house party last year for 120 people -the guys decorated the backdrops and the house Cook took care of the tablescapes.



















I'm cooking this years Luau party-Pulled pork, Chicken thighs, legs and or wings and Shrimp skewers. I tried talking them into a Pig on the La Caja China, they were into it, but decided it would freak out the girls! Got their priorities mixed up! They want me to do some cooking onsite, so I'll be grilling on a row of Red Weber kettles and a Drum or two.
__________________
Brian - Left Hand Smoke BBQ PNWBA 2010 Team of the Year
BGE's/WSM's/Pellet Pro WSM/BWS Gater/BDS Clones/Cookshack 008/Weber Performer w EZ-Que/Cajun Bandit/Rib-O-Lator Test Pilot/La Caja China/BBQ Guru/Weber 1000 RK Drum Coffee Roaster
Follow Left Hand Smoke on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/pages/Left-H...462391?sk=wall
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #13
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.


 
big brother smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-06
Location: Ventura, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Brian,

Those are nice themed tablescapes!
__________________
Peace and Smoke,
BBS

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous

"Walk with Us"
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #14
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.


 
big brother smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-06
Location: Ventura, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
I love seeing how everyone does their tablescapes. Except for Food Network's Sandra Lee, that is

I will have to post some pics later.

Thank you for starting this BBS
Cannot wait to see your tablescapes, Marsha!
__________________
Peace and Smoke,
BBS

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous

"Walk with Us"
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.


 
big brother smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-06
Location: Ventura, CA
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostNation View Post
I love this thread, I'm inspired by what I see that BBS does with his tables.

I try to stay away from weddings, I think the excitation's are more then I can deliver.

On the May 30th weekend I'm doing a wedding for 100 with a 13 item menu. Later in the evening I'm dropping off for 25 then on Sunday we have a party for 50 to do, just ribs and beans.

Here are a couple of mine that I've posted before.



I know there's no food out yet. On the left behind the plates is a wooden rack for the napkins and plastic ware. The first two black bowls have slaw and a type of potato salad. I serve beans in a 16" iron skillet. Next was corn with the butter in the tan bowels. Then buns pork and brisket. On the end I put a "carving station" to cut the ribs. Everything I do is self serve.



Same picture different angle before carving station. My chafing dishes are the cheap ones from Equippers with the plastic handles changes out with ones from Lowe's.



This was for a golf tournament, you can see the plastic holder and carving station.(The plastic holder was made with the left over cedar from the Adirondack chairs that I built)



BTW, the beers weren't mine!!! I do a few things a season at this golf course, It's owned bu my teammate and closest friend.

Set up looks clean and good luck with your wedding next week.
__________________
Peace and Smoke,
BBS

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous

"Walk with Us"
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tablescapes and Decor for Fall C Rocke Catering, Food Handling and Awareness 1 07-15-2009 07:08 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Loading



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.