MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #16
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossmanbbq View Post
Have you checked out these guys? http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/ This is where I will be buying my concession trailer when I get the funding. Good people, give them a shout!
Scroll down to the second row of pictures, you will see that this is the same brand of trailer that I have. Mine is just the basic trailer, but still made by the same manufacturer.....

http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com/bbqcomptrailers.html

Now not to knock Extreme BBQ and their efforts, but I do have an issue with the manufacturer. They still will not stand behind their warranty.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...highlight=mold

I hope that nobody else has had that problem as I have. If so, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bill
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #17
getyourrubonbbq
Take a breath!

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your sealant. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion about manufacturers. And I have felt the same way about several brands of a lot of things. I've had GM repair/change out the steering column lube kit in my 05' Sierra 6 times and they still can't get it right. Not to mention a rear end that has been replaced and still whines at 40 mph. I make a point to stay involved in the entire build process with the manufacturer and my customers. I've never had any issues.

I know it sucks to have to deal with warranty issues and maybe the guys that applied the sealant didn't know what they were doing, that is possible these days. I think all of us that try to run a small business can agree it's hard to find good help and we always go back to the old cliche' if you want it done right do it yourself.

I'm in no way trying to put him on the spot, (Sorry Chris) but PM Chris with QueTPies BBQ and ask him about his trailer. I personally made a trip to Little rock to see it when he competed in Smoke on the Water and he had nothing negative to say about the whole experience. We had several conversations months before he purchased from me and he did alot of "due diligence" research on me and the manufacturer. A couple of months later he purchased his trailer and I consider him a friend. Many of you have probably seen pics. on the forum and I would encourage anyone that is going to be in Lula, MS to look me up and Chris and check it out in person.
[URL="http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com"]www.extremebbqtrailers.com[/URL]
getyourrubonbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #18
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourrubonbbq View Post
I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your sealant. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion about manufacturers. And I have felt the same way about several brands of a lot of things. I've had GM repair/change out the steering column lube kit in my 05' Sierra 6 times and they still can't get it right. Not to mention a rear end that has been replaced and still whines at 40 mph. I make a point to stay involved in the entire build process with the manufacturer and my customers. I've never had any issues.

I know it sucks to have to deal with warranty issues and maybe the guys that applied the sealant didn't know what they were doing, that is possible these days. I think all of us that try to run a small business can agree it's hard to find good help and we always go back to the old cliche' if you want it done right do it yourself.

I'm in no way trying to put him on the spot, (Sorry Chris) but PM Chris with QueTPies BBQ and ask him about his trailer. I personally made a trip to Little rock to see it when he competed in Smoke on the Water and he had nothing negative to say about the whole experience. We had several conversations months before he purchased from me and he did alot of "due diligence" research on me and the manufacturer. A couple of months later he purchased his trailer and I consider him a friend. Many of you have probably seen pics. on the forum and I would encourage anyone that is going to be in Lula, MS to look me up and Chris and check it out in person.
If you have read my thread, you will get the full picture of the problem.
I am in no way knocking the quality of the trailer. In fact, I too, did a lot of research in trailers before making up my mind. The dealer where I bought it had like 4 other brands, and this one was by far, a lot better quality than most of the others. I love the trailer itself, it is just the issue with the sealant and them not standing behind their warranty. They claim it isn't their problem, I say it is along with everyone else that sees it, including the dealer where I bought it.... Just a bad batch of sealant, and I got stuck with it.

I am trying to find out if anybody else who has their trailers has the same problem, so we can gang up on them...

Bill
2 UGLY drum smokers
Super fast RED Thermapen
KCBS Certified Judge
Old 04-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #19
QueTPiesBBQ
On the road to being a farker

No problems with the trailer I purchased from Extreme BBQ trailers here. PM me if you would like any more details about my purchase. We are extremely pleased, just got back in from a 6 hour drive back from a contest. It rained and the wind blew forty to fifty miles per out at the contest. We were dry and warm inside all weekend. I can't say what sealant was used on your trailer, but mine appears to have the same sealant that an RV has on the outside. I will be at the Lula, Ms contest this weekend. If your in the area come by and check out the trailer. We couldn't be happier with our Extreme BBQ trailer and also the level of service that James provided during the purchase. We were really impressed that he drove down to meet us at the first contest this year, I value him as a true friend and a person that I would do buisness with again and recommend. I really value doing buisness with a handshake and a smile.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #20
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks for the reply.

ALL of the clear silicone sealant on the top, sides, doors have mildew/mold on, in and under it. The silver has it all over it, but I can not tell if it is in it or under it without cutting it out and off the trailer. The white sealant is fine. If you get a few minutes, take a look at the link that I posted above, and you can see what it is like. It is NASTY.... I bought the trailer new in June of 2008, and found it in February of 09. I had washed it in October, and when I went to clean it again in Feb. I found it like that.... so, it either was dormant, and just blossomed, or it just took that long to show up, I don't know.

Again, the trailer is quality, and tows like a dream, so I know what you are saying.... I just have the issue with the sealant.
How old is yours? It took mine 8 months after I bought it before the problem showed up.... Again, I would love to find someone else that has one of their trailers that has the same problem. I am sure there is some out there, but as an enclosed trailer like mine, most are used to haul bikes, or construction, etc., and most don't really pay that much attention to them.

Thanks again for your info.

Bill
2 UGLY drum smokers
Super fast RED Thermapen
KCBS Certified Judge
Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #21
getyourrubonbbq
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke-n-my-i's View Post
If you have read my thread, you will get the full picture of the problem.
I am in no way knocking the quality of the trailer. In fact, I too, did a lot of research in trailers before making up my mind. The dealer where I bought it had like 4 other brands, and this one was by far, a lot better quality than most of the others. I love the trailer itself, it is just the issue with the sealant and them not standing behind their warranty. They claim it isn't their problem, I say it is along with everyone else that sees it, including the dealer where I bought it.... Just a bad batch of sealant, and I got stuck with it.

I am trying to find out if anybody else who has their trailers has the same problem, so we can gang up on them...

Bill
Bill,

I did read your thread before I responded. I'm not trying to justify the way their handling the situation at all. I would find out what type of sealant they used and contact that manufacturer myself to determine it's proper application/use.
[URL="http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com"]www.extremebbqtrailers.com[/URL]
getyourrubonbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #22
Norcoredneck
somebody shut me the fark up.

There was one much like that for sale around So Cal a month or so ago. Very nice.

The Prontologist is in...
Ok let's see your Butt!
Norcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #23
QueTPiesBBQ
On the road to being a farker

picked mine up the last of Feb., no problems and sure is nice. I looked around a lot before purchasing.