Bandera Wheels

TheRancheroGuy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm trying to resurrect a Bandera. I bought a used one for $75 that did not include wheels. Can anyone tell me what size (exactly) wheels theirs has? I want to try to replace them, as Harbor Freight has many different sizes and it would be nice to keep 'er level.

This site looks amazing and I hope to be skooled by you BBQ afficianados.

I can't say for certain, but the ones on the clone I gave to my dad were about 5 inches in diameter, give or take. I'm guestimating here, may be a bit bigger.

The original Bandera wheels were $hit. So upgrade. HF has some solid rubber tires that take either 5/8" or 1/2" axles. Stay away from PIA pneumatic tires. You'll need axles of solid round bar stock. They can be gotten from any good hardware store.

The Charbroil wheels were $45 (plus shipping) and plastic. That would last about 1 summer (Phoenix area) here! But good idea and appreciated.
I've just removed the axle, with a BFH and WD-40, so off to Harbor Freight I go!

The Charbroil wheels were $45 (plus shipping) and plastic. That would last about 1 summer (Phoenix area) here! But good idea and appreciated.
I've just removed the axle, with a BFH and WD-40, so off to Harbor Freight I go!

MAke sure you check the link I just posted on Axle Modifications!!!

FYI - Harbor Freight sells a 6" wheel (plastic) for $4.99 that will work fine. Much better than $45 from Charbroil. Neither will last, but that's a $35 savings!

TK's Bandera Wheel Mod

here it is. quick and dirty wheel mod after the wheel buckled and the axle grinded my driveway. I had to catch the Bandera from biting asphalt. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 104-0404_IMG.jpg
    104-0404_IMG.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 74
  • 104-0406_IMG.JPG
    104-0406_IMG.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 72
Back