The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.


Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.


Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 03-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #31
Weiser
is one Smokin' Farker
 
Join Date: 10-25-08
Location: Drippin' Springs, TX
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Question Stupid Question...

Why can't these questions be asked & answered under the original UDS thread?
It would make your questions and answers much easier to find in the future.
Anyone that is interested in these things will certainly go to that thread.

It is the UDS Bible after all, and some of you are not showing it the respect that it deserves.

Just my two cents.

Weiser

PS: Mods, when are you going to make this thread a Sticky?
It has driven a bunch of traffic to the site.
Take advantage of it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
Since there are different issues with the build of a 85 gal UDS, I thought a separate thread would be helpful.

I am considering building a few of them. I will probably have to buy them new. Here is one choice which has "Interior Coating Mild Rust Inhibitor".

I am not sure if the 26" Weber grills will fit in something exactly 26" inside diameter?
__________________
[COLOR=Red][I]"There is a Fine Line between a Hobby and a Mental Disorder."
[/I][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Weiser is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 03-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #32
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
HeSmellsLikeSmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-02-07
Location: Warren, Vermont
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser View Post
Why can't these questions be asked & answered under the original UDS thread?
It would make your questions and answers much easier to find in the future.
Anyone that is interested in these things will certainly go to that thread.

It is the UDS Bible after all, and some of you are not showing it the respect that it deserves.

Just my two cents.

Weiser

PS: Mods, when are you going to make this thread a Sticky?
It has driven a bunch of traffic to the site.
Take advantage of it.
Weiser, I though the larger sizes would have different issues than the 55 gal sized ones. It is quite a task to sort through the original posts to find anything about large ones.

I sure could be wrong and you may have a good point. It won't hurt my ego one way or the other.
__________________
Jim - Another transplanted Texan
Former KCBS CBJ

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is online now   Reply With Quote


Unread 03-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #33
Weiser
is one Smokin' Farker
 
Join Date: 10-25-08
Location: Drippin' Springs, TX
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Thumbs up

Wouldn't a separate Forum for this Junk be nice?
It could be searchable without having to read through all of the crap.
Oh ya, 85's and 55's have their own issues no doubt, but the
carryover is not that much different.

I agree, that thread has almost become unmanageable.
Then again, I couldn't find my ass with both hands tied behind my back.

Weiser


Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
Weiser, I though the larger sizes would have different issues than the 55 gal sized ones. It is quite a task to sort through the original posts to find anything about large ones.

I sure could be wrong and you may have a good point. It won't hurt my ego one way or the other.
__________________
[COLOR=Red][I]"There is a Fine Line between a Hobby and a Mental Disorder."
[/I][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Weiser is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 03-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #34
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
Bbq Bubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: New Baltimore, Mi.
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

The reason i started the 85 thread was so you guys could hook onto it and get your questions answered, musta caught a slow week.
I see no difference in the 55 and 85 except for size. If it's built right (airtight) it'll run just like the 55.
Wouldn't want to see this get lost in the UDS thread, nuff junk in there already.
Hopefully ChineseBob will show his 85 shortly, he's only been building it for a month now.
__________________
Pitmaster @ Lockharts BBQ
Beer Snob
I cook the best brisket north of Dallas. Get over it.
Northern midwest director for OBR
www.operationbbqrelief.com
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 03-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #35
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.
 
Bbq Bubba's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: New Baltimore, Mi.
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiser View Post
Wouldn't a separate Forum for this Junk be nice?
It could be searchable without having to read through all of the crap.
Oh ya, 85's and 55's have their own issues no doubt, but the
carryover is not that much different.

I agree, that thread has almost become unmanageable.
Then again, I couldn't find my ass with both hands tied behind my back.

Weiser
Hows your drum cook, don't think i've seen it yet.
__________________
Pitmaster @ Lockharts BBQ
Beer Snob
I cook the best brisket north of Dallas. Get over it.
Northern midwest director for OBR
www.operationbbqrelief.com
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 03-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #36
Weiser
is one Smokin' Farker
 
Join Date: 10-25-08
Location: Drippin' Springs, TX
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default

I wasn't criticizing anyone Bubba... just trying to figure
out how to make this information more accessible for the new folks
and easier for us older folk to find.
Na, my post was not directed towards anyone.

Weiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
The reason i started the 85 thread was so you guys could hook onto it and get your questions answered, musta caught a slow week.
I see no difference in the 55 and 85 except for size. If it's built right (airtight) it'll run just like the 55.
Wouldn't want to see this get lost in the UDS thread, nuff junk in there already.
Hopefully ChineseBob will show his 85 shortly, he's only been building it for a month now.
__________________
[COLOR=Red][I]"There is a Fine Line between a Hobby and a Mental Disorder."
[/I][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Weiser is offline   Reply With Quote


Unread 03-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #37
Weiser
is one Smokin' Farker
 
Join Date: 10-25-08
Location: Drippin' Springs, TX
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Talking Lofl!!!

Bubba, it's in the Bible!
Search for Weiser's UDS. It should pop right up!
Heck, probably around page 80 plus or minus 20 pages.
It is perhaps one of the ugliest ones here.
I take great pride in that.

Weiser


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
Hows your drum cook, don't think i've seen it yet.
__________________
[COLOR=Red][I]"There is a Fine Line between a Hobby and a Mental Disorder."
[/I][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Weiser is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ugly Drum Smoker ironslob Q-talk 2 09-19-2010 10:16 AM
Ugly Drum Smoker - Need Help Bartkowiakj Q-talk 10 06-18-2010 09:38 PM
One Ugly Drum Smoker Steve_B Q-talk 15 09-21-2009 10:32 PM
My (not-so) Ugly Drum Smoker. hav Q-talk 47 11-05-2008 02:30 PM
Ceramic Cooker Meets Ugly Drum Smoker - BUDCS - Concept Drum Discussion Hook_Line_and_Sinker Q-talk 9 04-26-2008 02:24 PM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Loading



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.0 Beta 4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.
no new posts