The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 02-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #16
bbq lover
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

we have been putting are briskets in the frige for up to 36 days after buying them ageing the meat seem to make it more tender and moistread up on wagu beef thats aged it makes sence
Unread 02-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #17
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pigman View Post
I freeze whole to contanian as much juciness inside and reheat and slice later. Everyone swears it just came off smoker
I put mine in the fridge to "set", then vacuum seal. I agree, do not slice until you are ready to serve. Not only to make it look like "fresh" cooked, and more appealing, but also keep it from "drying" out too quickly. I find that after I slice brisket, it seems to get "dry" rather quickly. Keep it whole, slice as needed, and if it has to sit for a while, slice a thin slice off, toss to your tray and slice the customer the next one. Just my opinion.

Bill
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #18
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke-n-my-i's View Post
I find that after I slice brisket, it seems to get "dry" rather quickly. Keep it whole, slice as needed, and if it has to sit for a while, slice a thin slice off, toss to your tray and slice the customer the next one. Just my opinion.

Bill
This part I always do. I never serve that oxydized, dried out piece.

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!

Bigmista Custom Spicewine Trailer - Olivia J. PIMA
Large and Medium Spicewines
Weber Ranch Kettle - E.T.

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #19
Michael in PA
Got Wood.

Be careful how you chill your briskets. Whole briskets and pork butts are big hunks of meat and it takes a while to chill them down, especially if you have a lot of them. Putting 12 hot briskets in your freezer is probably a bad idea.

We wrap very well in foil with all seams on one side. Put two 2 1/2 inch hotel pans upside down in one of those big white coolers that has been sanitized. Add a layer of ice. Add a layer of briskets, seam side down. Add a layer of ice. And so on...

The hotel pans keep the briskets out of the water that accumulates in the bottom of the cooler. Putting the briskets in seam side down prevents melted ice water from getting into the briskets. Four hours later they will be below 40 degrees and you can pull them out and put them in the freezer.