ಚಿಕನ್
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 10-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #16
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4

the baffle is in the 3rd picture from the bottom. its pretty much the saame kind we always use, but slightly longer.. We were going to cut it around the waterpan, but got lazy.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2006, 05:07 PM   #17
ApronGuy
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

That's a nice looking Boy scout chuck box!

Also, the picture of your bandera strapped to the truck is priceless! I feel like it's saying "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

Unread 10-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #18
G$
is Blowin Smoke!

I see you have not replaced the shelf on the front of the firebox. It is currently serving as a tong holder. Based on it's location relative the the male anatomy of a cook tending the pit, I can think of another name for this "mod".
G$ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #19
BBQchef33

Expanded steel fold out shelf will be going there.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Unread 10-16-2006, 06:53 PM   #20
butts
Full Fledged Farker

Just like new...well done!
7' X 14' enclosed trailer
ButtsandBreastts BBQ
Facebook: Butts and Breastts
butts is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2007, 02:14 AM   #21
BBQchef33

Default Phase II

Ok.. CHECK THIS OUT!!! THE ULTIMATE TAILGATER.

I promise, i wil take better pics, i just couldnt wait to show u guys this one. Just went out and took the pics in the dark.

the reciever can go into the front or back of the bandera. I have it in the fron just for the pictures since the bandera is strapped to the trailer, and i jus took the pictures. The reciever has 5-6 holes in it, so it can be adjusted how far into the hitch and how far the bandera sits away from the rear of the vehicle. this way, when its attached to the escaled, it can be right up close to the tailgate,or when it s on the wrangler, i can move it furter out to allow some clearance forthe spare tire mounted on the back.

theres a handle welded to the smokebox to help lifiting it on. Takes 2 guys to lift it.. we are trying to figure out a way to mount a foot controlled scissor jack on the bottom so all u have to do is step on the jack to lift it to the hitch. I'll get some pics with it mounted to the truck tomorrow.

and jsut to make things clear.. this is to TRANSPORT only.. I aint cooking with the bandera attached to the car!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1131134.JPG (155.5 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg P1131135.JPG (151.9 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg P1131136.JPG (157.2 KB, 288 views)
File Type: jpg P1131137.JPG (150.4 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg P1131138.JPG (147.1 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg P1131139.JPG (142.9 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg P1131140.JPG (147.8 KB, 283 views)

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Unread 01-13-2007, 08:27 AM   #22
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

With all that additional weight from the added steel you might have a hard time steering the Wrangler whith this bionic baby is on the hitch. At night oncomming drivers will be flashing their lights at you thinking you have your highbeams on! Might want to ad wheelie wheels to the bottom of the bandera!!

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

NB Bandera-Firebox & Baffle Mod, WSM, Weber: Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), WSM, Three 22 1/2" Kettles, 2 Brinkman Dual Zone Proffessional Grills, Smoky Joe, Uniflame Tabletop Gasser, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove & 3 UDS's.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2007, 08:34 AM   #23
backyardchef
Babbling Farker

Nice work, Phil and fam.....love to see that puppy in person some time.....

The Hampton Smoker Blog: http://backyardchef.blogspot.com

7' Meadow Creek reverse flow w/ a 4' grill on the nose, named Large Marge
48" Klose Backyard Chef named Wubby
Willy the Wonder Grill
Weber Kettle named Georgiette
ECB Spider Web Collector Model
Char-Griller Smokin' Pro Firebrick Supremo
backyardchef is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2007, 09:23 AM   #24
smokinbadger
Full Fledged Farker

Looks good Phil. Can you post the dimensions of the new lid you made? I would like to update my CFD model of the Bandera (http://picasaweb.google.com/smokinbadger/Smoker_CFD) to try and understand how the lower lid affects the temperature distribution and airflow. I can also check the effect of firebox wall thickness.

Klose Widebody MasterChef * XL BGE * WSM * Weber Performer * La Caja China * Cookshack 055 *
Big Stainless Gasser *
smokinbadger is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #25
Blutch
Full Fledged Farker

I was thinking you could use the method and start the cook before you travel, then when you get there it will be half way done. :-)

B
Blutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #26
berlee2
Knows what a fatty is.

Awesome! Thanks for the great ideas for my own Bandera project!

Isn't it hard to drive with the front two wheels sticking up in the air?????? hahaha
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000080]"...plays with mud"[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000080]UDS[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000080]BQ-Galore Turbo Gas Grill[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#000080]...and a wish list....[/COLOR][/FONT]
berlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bandera, bandera upgrades